PDA

View Full Version : For all my fellow fisherman

Lwnwookie
03-12-2006, 04:11 PM
I went bass fishing yesterday, it was one of the weirdest time I have ever been. It had come up a good 20 min shower before we got out there so I knew that the fish would be active. We got out to the lake and I am not exaggerating when I say in the 2 hours we were there, it came up a storm so we had to leave early, we saw at least 30-40 bass hit the top of the water. I started off with a crankbait, covered a bunch of the water and couldn`t get a bite. I went to a top water plug, covered the water still nothing. I went to old faithful, my carolina rig with a 6 inch Senko. I got 3 bites in the first 5 casts, but they wouldn`t swallow the worm for anything. I ended up not catching anything, but I always say "a bad day at the lake is better than a good day at work."

Joe's Detail
03-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Don`t feel bad. I went fishing today and yesterday and didn`t get one bite either time. I didn`t understand it, i could see bass and could see them chasing the worm, but they would never take it. Its been 75 here the last two days, but i guess the water is still too cold. beats me:

MrRogue
03-12-2006, 06:37 PM
I caught this lil fish off of South Carolina Last fall, not to big of fisherman but this was so cool.

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/2276/dscf29884mj.jpg

Anthony A
03-12-2006, 06:47 PM
I caught this lil fish off of South Carolina Last fall, not to big of fisherman but this was so cool.

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/2276/dscf29884mj.jpg

What kind of shark is that and how big is it?

MrRogue
03-12-2006, 07:58 PM
its like 52" I believe, its a Atlantic Sharp Nose

flatstick
03-13-2006, 01:10 PM
I went bass fishing yesterday, it was one of the weirdest time I have ever been. It had come up a good 20 min shower before we got out there so I knew that the fish would be active. We got out to the lake and I am not exaggerating when I say in the 2 hours we were there, it came up a storm so we had to leave early, we saw at least 30-40 bass hit the top of the water. I started off with a crankbait, covered a bunch of the water and couldn`t get a bite. I went to a top water plug, covered the water still nothing. I went to old faithful, my carolina rig with a 6 inch Senko. I got 3 bites in the first 5 casts, but they wouldn`t swallow the worm for anything. I ended up not catching anything, but I always say "a bad day at the lake is better than a good day at work."

I live in the northeast and we see this situation in the early spring. the water is still cold and the fish are a little on the slow side. our solution is ( leaning over and whispering so not to let the secret out ) is a Smithwick rattling Rogue. the floating version is for warmer weather but use the suspending version for when the water temps are 45 to around 60 . do a seach on using a jerkbait. we would twitch it with the rod tip almost touching the water, then pause, then twitch then pause or twitch, twitch pause. you have to experiment with the pattern the fish want for the day. they almost always nail it when it is sitting still ( they can not stand it ) we have had some great days on smallmouth, largemouth, walleye, trout and stripers about a week or two after the ice is off the lake. this is also a great post spawn technique. hope this helped.

http://www.lurenet.com/catalog.aspx?catID=SmithwickLures