PDA

View Full Version : Best AIO Polish for 1 step?

Pages : [1] 2 3

imported_detail1
04-11-2012, 10:58 AM
After reading several threads on professional detailers who are doing just a 1 step polish followed by a wax/sealant based on customers` demands, I would like to know what does everyone think is the best AIO?

I would like to post a poll but don`t know how.

Poli-Seal

Megs D151

Klasse

Menzerna Final Polish

I know there are many others. Just wanted people to mention their favorite AOL and why.

Thanks

Dan
04-11-2012, 11:11 AM
As an AIO connoisseur (I have probably 10-15 in my bin), I`ll be glad to stick my neck out here...

Zaino AIO aka ZAIO - Strong cut for AIO, finishes great, the shine is WYSIWYG, lots of AIO`s look like poop after a rain washes away the oils/fillers, and there is no AIO out there that has the durability of ZAIO.

I like Poli-Seal for quick cleanups but it does fill a bit and doesn`t look very good after a rain. Durability stinks. I do love how easy it is to use though.

D151 is awesome for really rough cars, though I also really like M66. No durability though.

If you need only mild cleanup and a touch of polishing, the stuff in the orange bottle!

Now for my controversial soap box stand.... if you are topping an AIO, you are wasting your time and/or your customers money. You would be much better served using UNO with a Polishing pad and then top with Optiseal if you are in a hurry or 845IW if you have a few more minutes. If you don`t trust your AIO for protection, why even bother with an AIO? If you are applying two products, use two dedicated products.

tom p.
04-11-2012, 11:30 AM
D151 is a very good 1-step product.

RobD
04-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Of those I`ve tried over the years, the two I like most are Z-AIO and Optimum`s new GPS (which I find is much more user-friendly than Poli-seal).

Richard Grasa
04-11-2012, 12:25 PM
I use D151 on 90% of my one steps and I love it. For something that doesn`t need much cut, I like KAIO.

Accumulator
04-11-2012, 12:26 PM
I`m another fan of ZAIO, and I never expected to like it *nearly* as much as I do. [INSERT kudos to Dan for more or less talking me into trying it]

imported_detail1
04-11-2012, 01:00 PM
U know I really didn`t realize that AIOs also provided protection. I am a guy that likes to wax so I think I will skip the AIO and use Menzerna Final Polish followed by my LSP.

I can probably use an AIO on a mild winter day when time is very limited. Thanks for your info.

As far as final polishes, I really enjoy Menzerna.

tom p.
04-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Some AIO products do claim to provide protection. IME, that "protection" is typically very short-lived, sometimes measured in days or a couple weeks :( There are some out there that offer staying power.

Jamie 80
04-11-2012, 03:28 PM
ZAIO is my go to one step I have poliseal not to thrilled about the results, Dan is right pretty much one rain or 2 weeks it`s done.ZAIO looks pretty good on most colors and holds up well,a little goes a long way.

imported_DetailDan
04-11-2012, 03:54 PM
How can a product cut if it doesn`t have abrasives?

Dan
04-11-2012, 04:22 PM
How can a product cut if it doesn`t have abrasives?

With chemicals. KAIO is amazing on oxidation, but it doesn`t have any abrasives to speak of.

imported_DetailDan
04-11-2012, 04:36 PM
More like a paint cleaner with protection then.

Dan
04-11-2012, 07:36 PM
More like a paint cleaner with protection then.

I`m with you on that one, I wouldn`t call KAIO a real AIO. To me an AIO needs to:

-clean oxidation and other contaminants like tar/road grime/etc

-polish using an abrasive

-provide protection

Woody Wax
04-11-2012, 08:08 PM
HD Speed

Nuff Said :D

BigAl3
04-12-2012, 01:59 AM
can any one chime in on how ZAIO and DG501 differ from each other and which you like better?