PDA

View Full Version : Age of #83

SNike05
03-12-2006, 12:26 PM
I was walking through a auto parts store and they had two 32oz bottles of #83 for sale which were covered in dust and dirt they seemed to be there for a while. The most intriging aspect was the label. Below is what it looks like.

Can anyone tell me when Megs stopped printing this label? Like I want to know how old this bottle is before I decide to use it. It is still sealed and took me many shakes to get it moving inside. I bought it because hey gave me a good deal on it.

http://www.toolweb.com/pics/Megm8332.jpg

C. Charles Hahn
03-12-2006, 01:06 PM
I can`t tell you how old that bottle is, but for the record I`ve been using both #83 and #80 out of bottles with that label, in addition to the newer bottles I have. I can`t tell any difference at all in terms of the product inside them; so I wouldn`t worry that the product has gone bad or anything like that.

Brenton
03-12-2006, 01:22 PM
I saw that come in on a shipment this past fall.

SNike05
03-12-2006, 02:41 PM
Awesome, thanks guys for a while i was thinking it was like 5 years old or something. But definitely had been in there stock for a while with all that dirt that was on it.

Big Leegr
03-12-2006, 07:00 PM
I`ve been to some shops that aren`t too concerned with "appearances." They are in a dusty part of town, and their stuff looks "years old" after only a few months.
Of course, there are also places that don`t seem to be too worried about the age of their stuff. The local NAPA here has 2 bottles of Megs #5 (New Car Glaze). Each one has a different label, and neither is of the current style. :eek: So, in that case, you`ve got a bottle that`s over 15 years old, still on the shelf.
Also, Megs says their stuff is generally good for 5 years. People have said they have Megs stuff much older than that which still works.

SNike05
03-12-2006, 08:49 PM
I guess it is alright plus its sealed so no air went in.