PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845 on wheels?

Picky1
04-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Just wondering has anyone ever used Collinite 845 on clear coded factory wheels? or is their a better product to protect the wheels and help with brake dust clean up?

Accumulator
04-09-2012, 12:01 PM
Picky1- My answers are "yes" and "yes".

845 works fine on wheels. I was initially unimpressed with the durability (even though I washed with carwash shampoo rather than Wheel Cleaner), but after following the suggestion of [somebody here] that I layer it I was much happier. No real criticisms of 845 as a "wheel wax".

But IME you can do better. Many layers of KSG will generally get me through a "snow tires-to-not snow tires" season. A couple coats of FK1000P will last almost as long and the FK stuff *really* cleans up easily; this is kinda my go-to approach as I don`t need to do all the layering that KSG really needs to work well.

BUT#2 you can do even better than that! OptiCoat is simply amazing on wheels. Hands-down the best approach period that I`ve ever tried. Well worth the $ IMO, and I was initially *very* skeptical; I actually was unimpressed for the first few weeks and was all ready to say the stuff is over-hyped BS...man was I wrong about that!

MeticulousTX
04-15-2012, 09:40 PM
I will soon be posting a thread ragarding a 2012 Mustang 5.0 with 15k on that I detailed. After cleaning the wheels, Inclay with Megs Blue and then put on a coat of 845. The wheels look beautiful (can see much metal flake) bead water, and shine very nicely. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts. Ive only ever used PB wheel sealant on rims and have been looking for another sealant; 845 may be it!

Dylan

bill57
04-19-2012, 09:55 PM
Plexus works good, IMO.

wascallyrabbit
04-19-2012, 10:01 PM
opti coat would be a better choice as it lastest longer. 845 will work you`ll just need to reapply regularly.

Scottwax
04-20-2012, 11:37 AM
845 is fine if you don`t mind applying it every couple of months. Not really a fan of the IMO excessively bright look on paint (476 is the best choice for paint) but on coated wheels, the look is really good.

Lotuseffect
04-20-2012, 08:02 PM
I like Rejex on wheels