PDA

View Full Version : OCW application questions

SHPatel
04-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Just ordered some ONR and OCW and wanted to know if I could use the ONR on a panel and while it was still wet, could I spray on the wax and then wipe it all off together or do I have to dry first and then apply the wax and then wipe again. The reason I ask is because I want to minimize wiping and marring on my black finish. And yes the black finish has been fully corrected! :D

David Fermani
04-08-2012, 08:11 PM
I personally wouldn`t use OCW in a QD operation. I`d wait until the end to apply it. I`d use OID or ONR via spray bottle before going with OCW. The reason I say this is due to the potential for streaking from a damp panel. It might not play all that nice. But, hey, try it and report back. Not like you`ll hurt anything.

cptzippy
04-08-2012, 08:47 PM
I`ve had luck with spraying it on before the final drying pass. Saw it done on a video and tried it, worked out ok.

pwaug
04-08-2012, 10:55 PM
You could try adding 1 OZ of OCW to a 2 gallon ONR mix and just wash as you normally do with ONR. Scottwax has done this successfully with OCW and I`ve done it successfully adding AquaWax to the ONR.

imported_WCD
04-08-2012, 11:21 PM
After I wash with ONR, but before drying, I spray panels down with OCW. Adding it to the ONR mix is my next choice. It works fine for me on weekly customers` cars. I do like the adding however, and that should save time as well.

I just cleaned out my 3 gallon PDS sprayer and am going to use this next time with a fine mist tip. I usually use my Detail Caddy, but will see if this saves time since you just pull the trigger and no set up time.

Scottwax
04-08-2012, 11:38 PM
I like adding it to ONR, basically wash and wax at the same time. That will definitely minimize marring since the only time you are then wiping the car is during the drying process.

cptzippy
04-09-2012, 10:42 AM
So 1oz in the ONR bucket. Learn something new everyday. That will save some time.

SHPatel
04-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Thanks for all the great responses, I`ll try Scottwax`s recs to add it to the ONR and see how that comes out. Scottwax do you think the slickness and protection is the same whether its added to the ONR vs spraying it on?

Scottwax
04-09-2012, 06:08 PM
It really amps up the slickness for me and has a nice wet carnauba glow like it does when sprayed on. Can`t say for certain it is exactly as durable but with it being so easy, you can just add some every other or third wash and I`m sure you`d have adequate protection with no more effort than a wash.

imported_WCD
04-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Trying it in about 30 min. I cleaned out my PDS tank and filled with 2.5 gallons of distilled water, almost 2 oz of ONR and just over 1 oz of OCW.

Will prespray the car, use normal bucket method with MF Mitt and then dry. Maybe I`m wiping some off during washing...I`ll put a little in the bucket as well.

Pressurized PDS to about 120psi. Working like a champ after 10 years!