PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everybody!

Ryoken0367
04-03-2012, 01:52 PM
I`ve been browsing the forums for a week or so now, and decided to sign up and post. (I just posted over in Car Detailing with some questions, then I saw this forum, and thought I`d give a proper introduction!)

I live in Northern Nevada, and am not much of a car guy at all. In fact, I`m a computer guy, and the outdoors scare me. Ok, maybe they don`t scare me, I`m just not a fan. :ranger:

However, I am selling my car of 7 years, picking up a new fun toy (2012 Camaro SS), and I want to take care of it. I have learned more about car care (both detailing related, and engine/working parts related) in the past couple of weeks since I put in my order, than I have learned in the last 30 years combined. That being said, I wanted to thank you all for the great wealth of knowledge you have accumulated here, and let you know just how much it has helped me learn. I feel confident that with a little guidance every once in a while, I can take good enough care of my new car, that in 7 years it`ll look much closer to new than my current car.

Thank you all!

Brad B
04-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Great story! I am sure you`ll find what you need here. You may just turn into a car guy after all.

David Fermani
04-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Welcome to Autopia! Good luck with the SS. What products did you end up going with?

Ryoken0367
04-05-2012, 03:52 PM
I didn`t have a lot of time to get what I needed to detail my current car (my SS should be here soon, and I have a buyer already for my current car, want it to look good for them), so I went with Meg`s OTC stuff (listed below). When I start to run out, I`ll look into some of the suggestions on these forums for replacements.

Deep Crystal Car Wash, Clay Kit, Ultimate Compound, NXT 2.0 spray, GC Carnuba Plus Paste, UQD, and Hot Shine Tire Spray. I think that is a full lineup, if there`s anything important I`ve overlooked, please let me know!