PDA

View Full Version : Sunvisor Sticky label removal residue ?

01986S
04-02-2012, 07:37 PM
I just picked up a new F150. The visors have a gray cloth material on them. I removed the yellow warning stickers but there is a lot of nasty glue reside left on the visors.

Does anyone have a method of removing this residue that they can share ?

Thanks

Tom

David Fermani
04-02-2012, 08:22 PM
That`s a tough one. Solvents work great on removing the glue, but might pose a long term threat to the fabric. The glue they use sticks pretty good to the fabric which makes it even more difficult. Whatever your try (APC or safe solvent), just do a small section test spot.

Brad B
04-02-2012, 09:52 PM
I have used a sponge soaked with isopropyl alcohol for this. Hold the sponge against the fabric, do not rub. The sponge allows you to work overhead and it concentrates the alcohol in the right places. It takes a few minutes but the sticky will lose its hold after a bit. You can then pick it off rather easily. Pull it off, don`t rub it. I have also used very sticky tape to aid in pulling it off.

01986S
04-03-2012, 05:34 AM
I have used a sponge soaked with isopropyl alcohol for this. Hold the sponge against the fabric, do not rub. The sponge allows you to work overhead and it concentrates the alcohol in the right places. It takes a few minutes but the sticky will lose its hold after a bit. You can then pick it off rather easily. Pull it off, don`t rub it. I have also used very sticky tape to aid in pulling it off.

Thanks ... Ill give this a try today