PDA

View Full Version : Which Finishes Better....

nonwelder
04-02-2012, 03:13 PM
I know this is subjective, but right now I am using the 105/205 combo. Wondering if the optimum compound/polish finishes the same/better/worse than the above combo. Using this mostly on harder paint like VW/Audi.

Thanks.

SpoolinNoMore
04-02-2012, 04:26 PM
I have heard that optimum compounds and polishes are similar with less dusting, however many people still go back to 105 when it comes to the tougher jobs anyway, so take that for what it`s worth.

Accumulator
04-03-2012, 10:41 AM
OneQuickGT1- I haven`t used the latest Optimum polishes, so I don`t know how it`ll finish out compared to the M205. But I can say that M205 doesn`t always give the highest gloss (at least once the oils have dissipated).

The M105 cuts a lot better than Optimum Hyper Compound, but the latter is *MUCH* more user-friendly.

I recently started using Uno for aggressive correction on Audis and it`s now my fave for that, though I mught still break out M105 for some jobs.

I`m gradually losing my enthusiasm for M205...too oily, for one thing. And I`ve improved upon M205 gloss by following it with other stuff (e.g., Menzerna).

Of course user-error probably factors in here, plenty of people simply love M105/m205 and claim to get the kind of wonderful results that simply elude me with those two products. Not that my results with them would remotely disappoint anybody but the most extreme Autopian fanatics ;)

PolishedImage
04-04-2012, 11:39 AM
for a lot of our vehicles, we`ll use 105 then finish with D300 using a MF pad. Seems to leave a very acceptable level of finish for daily drivers and the like. Have also been very impressed with the Chemical Guys V series of polishes though j-marks are a little more evident if you dont take care