PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy your products..... locally or online or both

imported_shineon
04-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Just wondering where you guys are getting your products from ... There arent any really good detail product suppliers in my area so im thinking of ordering online but the shipping is ridiculous !!! Im just starting a new detail business both mobile and at home. The companies in my area are PRO detail supply and Malco . I have used pro`s stuff at a shop i worked at five years ago but was never that impressed, I have no experience with Malco .

SpoolinNoMore
04-01-2012, 09:42 PM
autogeek.net autodetailingsolutions.net 3dproducts.com detailedimage.com griotsgarage.com to name a few. AutoGeek has free shipping window periodically (when 2 guys garage is on) on orders over $95 or $125, and then you get 10% off with coupon code `autopia`. That`s usually when I make my orders.

Shawn F.
04-01-2012, 10:07 PM
I used to use online. I`m in Charlotte, NC and we have nothing here beside PRO and Castle but they are not great products IMO. I recently opened a full service detail shop and started a retail side to my business. There was a need here in NC for a detail supply store and I am now finally going to fill that need! As of right now I order as things are needed but will soon be stocking most brands and products. Shipping kills everyone but like was mentioned above, the only time I order online is if there is a discount and free shipping. I will buy in bulk and wait for another deal. Autoality and Detailed Image are my go to places as well as Autopia of course.

imported_shineon
04-01-2012, 10:13 PM
Yeah i will soon be a full time detailer as well i guess ill just have to eat the shipping for a while on some things if needed , to make sure im using the best things for my customers needs. Right now i plan on using production products line for most of my supplys because i am familiar with there stuff mostly and really enjoyed using there stuff. Can you guys recommend some other good products out there such as degreasers, dressings and waxes. Im looking for good quality stuff but at the same time need to balance with cost of doing business.thanks in advance

Shawn F.
04-01-2012, 11:15 PM
Shineon, I love Optimum products. They are great. Their degreaser is one of the best out there but a bit pricey. It goes a very long ways though. For a cheaper alternative I like Meguiars Degreaser Plus. For paint sealant Optimum Opti-Seal is great. Quick, easy to use, good durability and price is great. The little bottle will last a LONG time. Turbo Wax is another company I have started using that is new, small time owned and operated. Their products are priced well, easy to use, durability is nice and customer service is top notch. I stick mostly to Optimum, Dodo Juice, Turbo Wax now, and Meguiars for the basic daily driver type vehicles and middle class type vehicles. Poorboys World, Chemical Guys and Sonax have some great products as well for polishes and waxes.

You pretty much have to try out all sorts of stuff until you find what you like and what works best for you and your budget. What one person likes, you may not.

Kean
04-02-2012, 10:31 AM
I don`t do this for a living but I buy the majority of my products online. I will usually wait to stock up when there is a sale. I also prefer to buy products in bulk sizes when possible and even with OTC brands, sometimes I only have that option through an online vendor. ....Meguiars Quik Interior Detailer is a good example (gallon sizes are available under their Detailer line which I buy online).

cobraa
04-02-2012, 06:25 PM
online only.

David Fermani
04-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Just wondering where you guys are getting your products from ... There arent any really good detail product suppliers in my area so im thinking of ordering online but the shipping is ridiculous.

What area are you in?? Our forum sponsor Detailers Domain http://www.detailersdomain.com/ can certainly help you.

rustytruck
04-02-2012, 08:26 PM
I would take a closer look at any chemical manufacturer in your area usually they make different stuff for for different purposes. i have c.a.r products one town over from me saves tons on shipping costs you can set up dealer accounts and be offered discount`s and open a credit line(take what products you need send payment within 30 days). They make low cost production stuff and high quality detailer stuff.

imported_shineon
04-02-2012, 08:40 PM
What area are you in?? Our forum sponsor Detailers Domain http://www.detailersdomain.com/ can certainly help you.

I live in central oregon, right outside of bend ,or

imported_shineon
04-02-2012, 08:42 PM
I would take a closer look at any chemical manufacturer in your area usually they make different stuff for for different purposes. i have c.a.r products one town over from me saves tons on shipping costs you can set up dealer accounts and be offered discount`s and open a credit line(take what products you need send payment within 30 days). They make low cost production stuff and high quality detailer stuff.

Yes i certainly plan to , the shipping on some of this stuff is just ridiculous !!! Has anyone ever used malco???