PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Paint Sealant UV Comparison Video

David Fermani
03-30-2012, 05:48 PM
I`d like some input on the validity of this test:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCyh1yOtq4c

hamza7
03-30-2012, 06:33 PM
I think as I am not sure (still amateur) that LSP does it`s job by send UV light back. I mean if he used a gloss meter on a solid colour the test would hold more validity for me. I`m not sure how to explain it.

imported_WhyteWizard
03-30-2012, 09:43 PM
Looks like a good test to me. I`ve always been skeptical of UV claims, show me one that passes this test i`m there.

Ron Ketcham
03-30-2012, 09:58 PM
It`s going to take me some time to dig out some real protocals for UV testing from what archives I brought with me when I retired.

When I do, will put up the "testing protocal" utilized by the paint suppliers to the American manufacturers as well as the vehicle manufacturers after they get the data from the paint suppliers.

Give a day or so, it`s interesting, if one has the mind to put aside pre-conceved ideas and understand the what/why for, and such.

Grumpy

David Fermani
03-31-2012, 09:22 AM
That would be great Ron. Please post up the info you have.

Lotuseffect
03-31-2012, 04:56 PM
The lead in the glass is probably what is responsible for the 10% reduction in the UV. I wish he would have used Starfire glass. Not to mention in 10-15 minutes are all the sealants used done "cross linking"?

imported_WhyteWizard
03-31-2012, 05:47 PM
The lead in the glass is probably what is responsible for the 10% reduction in the UV. I wish he would have used Starfire glass. Not to mention in 10-15 minutes are all the sealants used done "cross linking"?

He starts off by establishing the baseline by checking all 4 areas of the glass and showing 89% gets through. I don`t think they claim cross linking with glass, though, I`m not sure.

This may not be the best test ever done but it`s better than a lot of the stuff that`s posted on the interwebs.

Robert