PDA

View Full Version : MTM Foam Lance?

Nopstnz8
03-29-2012, 04:35 AM
Hey guys... Looking to get a foam lance so I can clean our black M6 that hasn`t been washed in about a month due to time constraints and just horrible weather). I`ll probably rent or borrow a gas pressure washer once I get the foam lance, until I determine what kind of pressure washer I really want to buy, but mu question now is more toward foam lances. What are considered "good" ones that will get the car saturated like I see on the youtube videos, is good quality, and at the same time, not break my wallet? I saw this MTM foam lance on Amazon that looked pretty good, and the youtube videos impressed me, but I was looking for some feedback, yet even other suggestions for a good alternative if this one isn`t that good?|

Amazon.com: Professional Foam Lance Adjustable with 32 oz. Bottle: Patio, Lawn & Garden (http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Foam-Lance-Adjustable-Bottle/dp/B004GNZYY4)

Also, I know people have been saying that for these foam lances you need specific adapters to connect them to a pressure washer, but are there specific ones needed, or does it vary per pressure washer brand? If I borrow or rent a PW for the day from like Home Depot, would they carry the adapter?

mikenap
03-29-2012, 06:31 AM
The MTM Hydro foam lance is a great product. I think it`s basically the same thing that you find at certain retailers for over twice the price. Mine came with a male quick connect fitting, but every PW wand is different(even within the same brand sometimes), so you`d probably have to see what PW you could rent first, then try to find the appropriate fitting. It might not be as easy as it sounds, as I could only get the correct QC fitting for my AR PW online. Also, the REALLY thick, heavy foam comes from higher GPM(gallons per minute), not PSI. Dial down the PSI to avoid doing any damage, and try to find one with GPM around 2 or more.

Nopstnz8
03-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Great! Thanks! I`ll be ordering that foam lance!

Webb
05-10-2012, 03:27 AM
Great! Thanks! I`ll be ordering that foam lance!

Yeah just buy the foam lance,don`t buy the ones from The retailers which is 3x more and the only thing you get is the company`s logo on the bottle :sleep::2thumbs: