PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Washer /w Foam Cannon + 1 Bucket Method?

jjthomz
03-28-2012, 03:04 AM
I was just wondering what you guys thought about or even have a procedure for pressure washing a car with a foam cannon and just 1 bucket (with grit guards) used for rinsing....

*Knock on wood* I haven`t seen marring yet but here is my method

1. Pressure wash from bottom to top

2. Foam bottom to top & let it dwell for 3-5 mins *as it dwells I work on the wheels/tires/fender well

3. Pressure wash from top to bottom for a rinse

4. Foam car top to bottom and wash the car with 1 rinse bucket (with 2 grit guards) while using the foam cannon as the source of suds

5. Pressure wash everything off top to bottom

6. Do the flooding method & Dry the car

id be happy to hear some suggestions/opinions regarding this.

jjthomz
03-28-2012, 10:08 PM
nobody :(?

usdm
03-28-2012, 10:34 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-detailing/35232-accumulators-non-marring-wash-technique.html

Not pressure washing, but you get the idea.

DaGonz
03-29-2012, 04:31 PM
I use a foam cannon and still do the two bucket method.

Lotuseffect
03-31-2012, 04:48 PM
I would try it on your own car after it gets especially dirty then after you are done look at the black water in your 1 bucket and realize why the 2 bucket method works best. The only 1 bucket wash I do is using ONR and I only do it if I am comfortable with the level of dirt on the vehicle. Getting water in to a rinse bucket isnt that much of a hassle for the peace of mind it affords me.

jjthomz
03-31-2012, 07:44 PM
interesting...

Thanks everyone for their responses. I`ve never really noticed how dirty the rinse bucket gets as it remains pretty much clear with the exception of few cloudiness at the bottom of the gritguard....

I do wash my car weekly and I have a pretty good LSP (2 coats of black fire wet diamond sealant & 2 coats of collinite 845) maybe thats why its been working out for me.

I guess doing the 2 bucket method with the PW/foam cannon wouldnt hurt and itll add a peace of mind

Thanks!

Mark77
04-19-2012, 12:51 PM
I found something called Bilt Hamber Auto Foam last autumn, and it`s the best product for washing cars I have found in a long time..

Can be used with a PW and foam lance(about 5% ratio) or just sprayed on(maybe around 8%) and the dirt just litterally runs off the car, and when you hose it down it`s almost clean... It is also wax safe and Bio degradeble...Even the wheel wells, tires and rubber floormats get very clean with this stuff..

Not sure you get it in the US though?

WD Pro
04-19-2012, 04:12 PM
I use magifoam and the two bucket method with grit guard in the rinse bucket - even after a good foam and blast it`s surprising how much crap still gets in the rinse bucket.

WD :D

Mark77
04-21-2012, 07:30 AM
After using BHAF I feel pretty confident using 2 buckets, one for each side of the car, starting from the top.. getting a sponge to clean the wheels, tires etc with the water left in the bucket on each side, not much point rinsing the mitt, but I do, with the hose, if some area still looks dirty. Have not had any problems so far. But the cars are also Opti Coated which helps a lot, sometimes in the winter I just spray AF, hose everything and remove the water with an open hose, works pretty well also if you don`t need it 100 perfect..No marring this way, no touching..

Bunky
04-21-2012, 08:50 AM
The second bucket really does not cost you anything except for a bucket and a grit guard (or just use one in rinse rather than wash) and some water.

umi000
04-21-2012, 12:28 PM
I don`t think the OP is talking about eliminating the rinse bucket - he`s talking about using the foam cannon in place of the wash solution bucket. I do something similar, except with a foam gun (connected to a hose) rather than a foam cannon - I just make sure to spray the wash mitt with the foam gun as well, to ensure that it is also properly lubricated (this might be a bit difficult to do with a foam cannon).