PDA

View Full Version : Klasse twins with Meguiar`s carnauba plus topper? and what quick detailer to use?

john1277
03-26-2012, 08:49 PM
couple questions-

1. After application of Klasse AIO and two layers of Klasse SG, I want to put a carnauba topper on. I have on hand "Meguiar`s Gold class Plus". I just want to make sure that this would work okay because it seems that its not just carnauba, but PLUS something. I don`t know if that something is cleaner or something else that would interfere with the acrylic Klasse sealant.

Meguiar`s Gold Class Plus: Meguiars car wax, Meguiars wax, Meguiars Gold class car wax liquid (http://www.autogeek.net/mg7016.html)

2. After applying the carnauaba topper, which quick detailer should I use for after weekly washes? The Sonus acrylic detailer spray designed for use with klasse or Meguiar`s ultimate quick detailer (which I think is designed for use with carnauba wax). (I have both of these on hand)

Sonus acrylic detailer spray: Sonus Acrylic Spritz Quick Detail Spray, quick detailer, instant detailer, acrylic detail spray (http://www.autogeek.net/sonus-acrylic-detail-spray.html)

Thanks a lot guys!

Dan
03-27-2012, 07:38 AM
You`ll be fine with almost anything on top of KSG, including gold class. Sonus detailer is a meh product, I`d certainly go with the UQD.

Accumulator
03-27-2012, 08:42 AM
john1277- I`d sure want more than two layers of KSG on there before you top it, but that`s just me (and I myself wouldn`t top it anyhow as I`d want to add more layers later).

Doesn`t Gold Class contain cleaners? I`m not sure, but I *think* it does. And AFAIK it`s awfully short-lived.

I`d rather use the Acrylic Glanz on top of KSG (and it`s very good for that) and use something else as a leaves-stuff-behind QD over waxes.

Dan
03-27-2012, 09:14 AM
No cleaners and it now has enhanced polymers in it.

Accumulator
03-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Ah, OK. Does it last longer than it used to? Still have that "bright glossy" look?

Dan
03-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Its supposed to last longer than the 2-4 that it did before, but the jury is still out. Lookswise, its a product that seems to work on some colors and not others. Sort of like 845.

Accumulator
03-27-2012, 11:40 AM
Dan- OK, I do wonder whether it`d be enough of a diff/improvement to justify putting over the KSG (which also, IMO, looks OK/not depending on the color).

Dan
03-27-2012, 11:55 AM
There is so much stuff out there that is better and doesn`t stain trim. As much of a Megs fan that I am, I can`t see a single reason to recommend it. Its the Toyota Corolla of waxes... it does the job, that`s the selling point, lol.