PDA

View Full Version : Quick review of Wolf`s Chemicals WF-1P Deironizer Decon Gel

2005GTPinMD
03-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Ever since Iron-X and related came out, I have been eager to try one of those products. Last week I ordered Wolf` Decon Gel. I choose Decon Gel over Iron-X because it can be left to dry on the surface and I have not seen anything negative about it interacting with repainted panels. I also like that the Gel contains some additional cleaners. I am trying to keep the total number of products in my garage to a minimum. The reasons for me to get the Gel were (a) removal of metal from my wheels and (b) surface prep prior to claying and waxing.

Today I used the Gel today to clean my wheels. I have a BMW and I have to clean them every two weeks to keep them clean. I just applied the Gel via a brush to my wheels and let is sit as I started washing. Applying it that way I I have to say I am impressed. Just applying the gel, agitating the surface and letting it sit for a couple of minutes produced the easiest cleaning of my rims ever. The rims were much cleaner then I can usually get them with just agitation. I would rate the product a 10 for ease of use. As for strength, I think for my purposes I would rate it up there with Meguire`s WB and steps above Griot`s HD cleaner. I am eager to try it on the paint to see how it will prep the surface.

If the rest of Wolf`s line is as good as the Decon Gel I am might have to dry more of it.

CGdetailing
03-25-2012, 03:19 PM
ty for the info. the ability to be able to left dry without consequences is a plus for user friendliness.

imported_sal329
03-28-2012, 09:53 AM
I am a big fan of Wolf products. I like Decon Gel a lot I can not wait to try the new one which has been improved

gmblack3
03-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Used the latest decon gel on a F430 yesterday and Joey followed with the Rim Shield. Also did all the glass with Glass Guard. Jesse and the Wolf have a great line of products. Check out these videos:

Textile Sealant (http://youtu.be/DkFDXabdkZo)

Leather sealant (http://youtu.be/lfwMaMwQyPo)

2005GTPinMD
03-28-2012, 10:43 PM
How well does the Rim shield work? I have a BMW and DP wheel sealant does not help much.

gmblack3
03-28-2012, 10:57 PM
How well does the Rim shield work? I have a BMW and DP wheel sealant does not help much.

Early indications are very good for me. I read where some in the UK claim that 80% of dust and dirt will come off with a pressure washer.

Cleaning Fool
03-29-2012, 08:08 PM
I just ordered my first Wolf item, Bodywrap. Excited to try it and hopefully I like it.

2005GTPinMD
03-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Early indications are very good for me. I read where some in the UK claim that 80% of dust and dirt will come off with a pressure washer.

That is good news - you got that beautiful GT right? The new BMWs have a different brake pad composition. I had a 3 series loaner for a week - no brake dust at all.

gmblack3
03-29-2012, 09:07 PM
That is good news - you got that beautiful GT right? The new BMWs have a different brake pad composition. I had a 3 series loaner for a week - no brake dust at all.

Yes have noticed that so far. Almost the low level of dust that the akebono pads on our 99 740il had.