PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good clean buffing system Wools/Foams/Compounds - My head is spinning!

777funk
03-24-2012, 12:19 PM
I have a HF rotary polisher. It works, it spins, It`s Harbor Freight so I know it`s not the best but as far as functionality it`s worked well for a few years now.

In the course end I have a cheap Wool Pad from O`Reily. I have a Lake Country Purple Wool Foam. I use Menzerna Intensive Polish Medium with the Wools. I apply it to the buff by spinning it all the way slow and putting a ring of compound around the edge.

In the finer end I have a 3M Black Foam Pad and have been using Meguires Swirl X and 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. I use a dot of polish in a few places per square foot.

By Hand I use a small Microfiber hand pad and the Meguires Swirl X on one side then wipe clean on the other side. The microfiber hand pad leaves some scratches.

It`s working and I`m almost getting a good scratch free finish (other than the microfiber scratches) but I end up with a little bit of a cloudy haze in spots if I don`t get it all off.

What can I do different. Do I need to buy a different product or change how I do things?

I wash all of these by hand whenever they`re caked up with old compound.