PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good clay that I can purchase from this store.

JJH
03-21-2012, 10:58 AM
I will be purchasing a pretty sizable order later on today and would like to get some suggestions on some good clay that I can grab. All I have found in the store is the Blackfire PolyClay and the Pinnacle Poly Clay.

I want to get it from this site because I will be price matching with all of the other stores. Any suggestions are welcome. I have the Meguiar`s Clay Kit right now and I think that it is terrible. It has no grip whatsoever on my cars paint and I don`t want another experience like that. I did the sandwich baggy test and my cars paint was in fact heavily contaminated but even following the directions of the claying kit with the provided detailing spray the clay bar just seemed to glide over the paint and did not grab whatsoever.

Thanks!

Accumulator
03-21-2012, 11:48 AM
JJH- This isn`t an answer to your Q, but I can`t help but :think: about that "gliding vs. grabbing". Even when doing heavy decontamination, I *want* the clay to glide; remember that it works via shearing, not by "grabbing".

If it`s not getting the [stuff] off, I`d give some thought to the lube; e.g., Griot`s clay is OK, but when used with their SpeedShine the "wax"/etc. in the latter renders it less effective than it can be with other lubes.

Anyhoo...sorry I can`t help with your real concern.