PDA

View Full Version : Megs 26 High Tech

technomafia
03-20-2012, 08:43 PM
Im using an AIO, autoglym SRP. Ive always wanted to try megs 26 high tech. It is a pure carnauba even though its liquid right? No sealant added? If so it should be good over SRP right?

Dan
03-20-2012, 09:10 PM
It does have some synthetics in it. Will work over SRP just fine though.

Applehugger
03-21-2012, 06:58 AM
No car wax is ever pure carnauba. I`ve used #26 for years, I think it`s the most user friendly wax out there and it looks great. Not as durable as other waxes like Collinite 476 however. I mainly use it to top more durable waxes.

jfelbab
03-21-2012, 07:24 AM
I`ve also used #26 off and on for years and like the darkening and deep look it yields on medium to dark colors. It is easy to use and is a pure wax in that it has no cleaners so it makes a good topper. It also seems to protect better than many sealants against bird droppings. That observation may be due to the diet of the gulls in my area though.

technomafia
03-21-2012, 08:35 AM
No car wax is ever pure carnauba. I`ve used #26 for years, I think it`s the most user friendly wax out there and it looks great. Not as durable as other waxes like Collinite 476 however. I mainly use it to top more durable waxes.

well the new formula SRP is suppose to last up to 50 washes. So I think megs 26 may be a decent option to top it

Applehugger
03-22-2012, 08:10 PM
well the new formula SRP is suppose to last up to 50 washes. So I think megs 26 may be a decent option to top it

Probably, I was just using Collinite as an example. I`m sure it works great as a topper to most synthetic paint sealants as well. Has a really great look and feel for the price.

Accumulator
03-23-2012, 12:26 PM
well the new formula SRP is suppose to last up to 50 washes...

Heh heh, not in a million years in the real world :grinno: I`m a big fan of SRP, but even when you can do the "two layers" thing right (and layering a mildly abrasive cleaner is problematic to say the least!) it just doesn`t last all that long by itself. To get it to last through 50 washes you`d have to be mighty, uhm...."special" about how you wash it; in other words, that`s just ad-copy BS.

jfelbab
03-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Heh heh, not in a million years in the real world :grinno: I`m a big fan of SRP, but even when you can do the "two layers" thing right (and layering a mildly abrasive cleaner is problematic to say the least!) it just doesn`t last all that long by itself. To get it to last through 50 washes you`d have to be mighty, uhm...."special" about how you wash it; in other words, that`s just ad-copy BS.

So then it`s not as good as NuFinish which they claim lasts through 52 washes...LOL ;)

Accumulator
03-23-2012, 01:50 PM
So then it`s not as good as NuFinish which they claim lasts through 52 washes...LOL ;)\

Heh heh, from what I hear, the (current version of) NuFinish really *might* last that long!

Dan
03-23-2012, 01:57 PM
So then it`s not as good as NuFinish which they claim lasts through 52 washes...LOL ;)

Did I hear someone mention NuFinish???? Don`t knock its durability... one of the most durable sealants there is! It held in there right up with ZAIO for me which is no slouch.

jfelbab
03-23-2012, 02:20 PM
I don`t have any doubts about NuFinish`s durability as I use it on inner door panels and inner hood and trunks areas on my own daily driver. It might not be a beauty LSP but it does last.

My comment was not a knock of the NuFinish products durability so much as a snide comment on marketing BS. I have reservations when any company says a product will last for x months or a year. They can`t know how that product will be applied or what environment the vehicle will be in. There are just too many variables to make that claim. I agree, NuFinish is a very durable product, I just don`t like their advertising claims.

Dan
03-23-2012, 02:31 PM
I don`t have any doubts about NuFinish`s durability as I use it on inner door panels and inner hood and trunks areas on my own daily driver. It might not be a beauty LSP but it does last.

My comment was not a knock of the NuFinish products durability so much as a snide comment on marketing BS. I have reservations when any company says a product will last for x months or a year. They can`t know how that product will be applied or what environment the vehicle will be in. There are just too many variables to make that claim. I agree, NuFinish is a very durable product, I just don`t like their advertising claims.

Ha, you should check out their youtube channel. Full of good stuff. Its actually a trip down memory lane. I remember the K-car through the car wash as a kid.