PDA

View Full Version : Gtechniq C4 Availability

Kean
03-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Well, I just used the last of my bottle of C4 a couple of weeks ago and was going to reorder. Unfortunately, the only US distributor I know of (Pak Shak) doesn`t have any in stock and the item is on back-order. Even the GTechniq website says the product is temporarily unavailable.

Does anyone have any leads on other vendors that may have some in stock or have opinions on an alternate product that could be a close match? I appreciate it.

Thanks,

Kean

umi000
03-20-2012, 03:52 AM
Do you have C1 and/or C5? There`s a long thread over on Detailing World, where it`s been pretty much confirmed that all three are the same product, with different labels.

Kean
03-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Do you have C1 and/or C5? There`s a long thread over on Detailing World, where it`s been pretty much confirmed that all three are the same product, with different labels. I recall some discussions along those lines. ....and no, I don`t have any of the other GTechniq products unfortunately. I do have Opti-Coat on hand and have used it on the trim of the DD with good results but I`m not ready to apply something so permanent to the trim on my Challenger.

jmsc
03-20-2012, 10:49 AM
I read that DWorld article last nite where C1/C4/C5 are one and the same. Last year I bot both C4 and Wolfgangs Ext Trim Sealant. Used the Wolfgang ETS first and found it to be fairly durable (Oct-today) and still looks and beads nicely. Never used the C4 because of the WG results.

You may want to try WG also or wait a few weeks for the upgrade to C1.5/C4.5/C5.5.

Kean
03-20-2012, 02:40 PM
I read that DWorld article last nite where C1/C4/C5 are one and the same. Last year I bot both C4 and Wolfgangs Ext Trim Sealant. Used the Wolfgang ETS first and found it to be fairly durable (Oct-today) and still looks and beads nicely. Never used the C4 because of the WG results.

You may want to try WG also or wait a few weeks for the upgrade to C1.5/C4.5/C5.5. Thanks for the heads-up.

I didn`t know GTechniq was in the process of reformulating their line. If so, it might be a good idea to wait like you said.

In the meantime, I might just pick up some WG-ETS. I read Cee Dog`s side by side review of it (vs. UTTG) over on AG`s site and was pretty impressed. I also like that he had a durability test showing how the products lasted over C4 on the bumper of his test car. ....something that is of particular interest to me since C4 is currently what I am using myself. While I can tell C4 is noticeably still on the plastic components of my own car, I can also tell certain parts need to be refreshed (i.e. chin spoiler). ….which is still pretty neat considering I applied C4 to all of those bits back in April 2011 (almost a year ago). Even if I do order C4 again, it’s nice to see a product like ETS or UTTG can be used as a “refresher” if desired.

Thanks for the info.