PDA

View Full Version : Need To Pick your Brains!!!!

godd1000
03-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Spring is coming soon and I have a huge detail job coming up. I have to do a 39 foot camper. The client will wash it so the only thing I need to do is wax and seal it. My question is where do I start and what product should I use? Wax? Sealant?

The surface is flat but 12 feet tall. The client just wants to make it easier to clean after travel. Any ideas would be nice, I`ll be detailing 4 cars and trucks as well so I want to do it right but never did anything like this before.

Thanks,

Jamie

Darkstar752
03-10-2012, 08:50 PM
845 is likely your best bet. A D/A will help a ton also.

imported_Stokdgs
03-10-2012, 11:01 PM
You want to prepare the camper so that the product has the best opportunity to bond to the paintwork. Are you going to claybar the camper ?? I would consider doing that for sure. Anything that helps remove embedded dirt and leaves clean pores for your LSP to stick into is going to allow the LSP to bond better and longer.

From what you said, it sounds like you are not going to do any correction polishing, etc., right?

Then for sure , see if you can claybar all the paintwork, and then if you apply something as great as Collinite 845 Insulator Wax, it should look way better and stay that way longer. It wont last forever as you already know, but it will last longer that a lot of products.

Good luck with this !

Dan F

Garry Dean
03-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Your best bet for a job that large is a wipe on walk away type sealant. I wouldn`t bother with carnauba type waxes as they will not offer much additional protection.

C. Charles Hahn
03-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Your best bet for a job that large is a wipe on walk away type sealant. I wouldn`t bother with carnauba type waxes as they will not offer much additional protection.

Agreed 100%, that would save a lot of aggravation.

godd1000
03-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Thanks guys, The clients said he doesn`t need it claybarred because he doesn`t want me there for 3 days doing it, Just waxed. I`m gonna look into the 845 and I think maybe Zaino CS would do the trick. I use it on all the cars I do unless my clients specify something else.