PDA

View Full Version : LSP to darken paint??

Pages : [1] 2

dschribs
03-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Did on search on this term and a few older threads came up.

Most commons suggestions were Clearkote Carnauba Moose wax and Meg`s 26.

Have any new products come along recently that would fit into the "darkening paint" category??

I would think a carnauba would be better suited for this than a paint sealant.

Leadfootluke
03-09-2012, 12:57 PM
In my experience I have seen Collinite 845 and 476 darken paint as well as Wolfgang DGPS 3.0. It was VERY obvious to the eye, but I was never able to capture it well on camera.

What Are thinking about your current car or the TransAm you posted about?

dschribs
03-09-2012, 01:03 PM
In my experience I have seen Collinite 845 and 476 darken paint as well as Wolfgang DGPS 3.0. It was VERY obvious to the eye, but I was never able to capture it well on camera.

What Are thinking about your current car or the Trans Am you posted about?

The TA. I had red `68 Camaro and I used to LOVE the Red Moose Glaze/Souveran Combo. That was a show car so Souveran worked fine for me. I`ll be driving the TA much more so I`ll need better more durable protection.

The TA, is a bright red (the factory color name if I`m not mistaken) I`d like achieve a darker look to the paint. I think red always looks better darker and warmer than with a "plasticy" sealant look to it...

pwaug
03-09-2012, 01:11 PM
My Passat is Granite Green which is a medium green, but has a grey cast to it in certain light. I had a coat of DG105 on which I topped with POXY and the paint took on a darker/deeper look.

Accumulator
03-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Did on search on this term and a few older threads came up.

Most commons suggestions were Clearkote Carnauba Moose wax and Meg`s 26.

Have any new products come along recently that would fit into the "darkening paint" category??

I would think a carnauba would be better suited for this than a paint sealant.

Much to my surprise, Blackfire`s All Finish Paint Protection darkened Audi silver so much that when the A8 (M16) and the S8 (BF) were side-by-side you would`ve sworn they were different paint codes!

Richard Grasa
03-09-2012, 04:40 PM
I haven`t tested the durability, but this stuff darkens like crazy.

PRO Car Beauty Products: P-80 GOLDEN MIST (http://www.prowax.com/waxes/P-80_Golden_Mist_Carnauba_Spray_Wax.html)

blucpe
03-09-2012, 06:20 PM
clear kote carnuba moose wax and dodo juice purple haze darken paint.

Leadfootluke
03-10-2012, 12:23 AM
The TA. I had red `68 Camaro and I used to LOVE the Red Moose Glaze/Souveran Combo. That was a show car so Souveran worked fine for me. I`ll be driving the TA much more so I`ll need better more durable protection.

The TA, is a bright red (the factory color name if I`m not mistaken) I`d like achieve a darker look to the paint. I think red always looks better darker and warmer than with a "plasticy" sealant look to it...

Here is what 476 and 845 have done to red metallic respectively.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Redv8s/Detailing/476.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Redv8s/Detailing/845.jpg

And although the picture isn`t focused great, this is on my non metallic red truck. With Wolfgangs DGPS 3.0 on the left and 476 on the right.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Redv8s/Detailing/Wolfgang476.jpg

tssdetailing
03-10-2012, 09:47 PM
I haven`t tested the durability, but this stuff darkens like crazy.

PRO Car Beauty Products: P-80 GOLDEN MIST (http://www.prowax.com/waxes/P-80_Golden_Mist_Carnauba_Spray_Wax.html)

there is PRO dealer near my house-i`ll have to check that out since they offer a small spray version.

Can you tell me if this is truly the LSP or can it be topped with something? Can I seal first then top with this?

dschribs
03-11-2012, 04:28 PM
there is PRO dealer near my house-i`ll have to check that out since they offer a small spray version.

Can you tell me if this is truly the LSP or can it be topped with something? Can I seal first then top with this?

I`d be interested to know this too...

2clean4u
03-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Here are a few that will darken the paint

Pinnacle Souveran

Nattys Blue

Megs #26

Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection

Red Moose Glaze

jmsc
03-11-2012, 07:21 PM
A few more that darken the paint:

Blitz (old formula, new formulation is a ? mark)

P21S 100% (P21S tech support told me this)

Z-5 (some darkening, from personal experience)

Victoria Wax Concours Red (from what I have read)

Accumulator
03-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Here are a few that will darken the paint

Pinnacle Souveran

Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection

Interesting that it works out that way for you. After the BF darkened Audi silver too much for me, I switched that car to UPP and no such effects at all. Don`t get it from Souveran either. Not an :argue or anything, just differing experience...

Richard Grasa
03-12-2012, 01:21 PM

Yes, this is an LSP. It can be put over a sealant, though I never have done that. I mainly use it after a filling glaze for some dealer stuff. It`s a little bit finicky, it may streak if you`re not careful but I`ve used worse streaking waxes so not too bad. I`ve put it on a few retail jobs to darken the paint if only an Express detail and customers have been really happy with the way it looks. I don`t use it that often, only when I need to fill/darken.

Richard Grasa
03-12-2012, 01:25 PM
I`d be interested to know this too...

See above. Not sure where you`re located, but there`s a PRO distributor in Higganum, CT called Car Washing Systems, very nice people to deal with.