PDA

View Full Version : long time lurker saying hi!

memento
03-07-2012, 09:55 AM
I`ve been reading here for probably years, but finally just registered. I posted in the regional forum looking for a detailer near Albany NY.

Right now I have a 2006 BMW 325xi in Titanium, 2005 Crossfire in Aero blue, 1999 Porsche 911 in Rainforest Green and my wife will be getting an X3 once my 325xi is paid off.

My main products are the klasse twins, 303, meg`s leather and QD, rain-x, mother`s chrome polish.

My current challenge is the 911 that I just got. GREAT condition but lots of swirlies so I`m looking to have a pro fix that, then I can take it from there. I`m reading that NXT2.0 is good at filling, so I might try that before paying someone. I have a bottle of it.

David Fermani
03-07-2012, 10:01 AM
Welcome to Autopia!

You`ll soon find that filling in defects isn`t the best approach with making your car look great. Mainly because it`s only temporary. I suggest considering a better approach called "paint correction" where you remove defects and build insane amounts of gloss through light to moderate levels of polishing. You`ll find that after a vehicle is properly polished, using a wax or a sealant will not make things look better, but just bead water and make washing easier. Let us know if you need help.

togwt
03-07-2012, 10:17 AM
:welcome: to Autopia memento

memento
03-07-2012, 10:30 AM
good point. I`ve never had a car with swirlies like this, so probably paying a local guy for paint correction is the best approach. I`m not going to try that myself. Not to mention that I`ve got a 4 year old and a 4 week old that`s taking all my time! As much as I love my cars, my boys will always trump them. Any free time I have I`ve been upgrading the crappy stereo in the Porsche.

David Fermani
03-07-2012, 10:43 AM
I wouldn`t trust just a "local guy" to work on your car. :) You need an Autopian detailer to do things right!! There are several members that would love to help you with this project. You might want to stroll through our regional sub-forum to see who`s local to you.

memento
03-07-2012, 02:37 PM
That`s exactly why I posted in the regional forum requesting a recommendation. I don`t want to pick someone at random! I browsed and search my region and there was a post or 2, 1 was via PM and the others were years old. Hopefully I get a lead on someone worthy.