PDA

View Full Version : need one product for interior carpets and seats

Envious Eric
03-02-2012, 09:23 PM
So I am expanding and starting up another business that will be offering interior cleanings and carpet shampooing. I need ONE product that will be able to handle 90% of the situations I may come across when doing interior shampoos...

what do you guys recommend?

I have folex and like it for spot stuff, but not for shampooing. Looking for something that isnt going to take 20 passes to remove all the soap either, low-sudsing.

Ron Ketcham
03-02-2012, 11:33 PM
I can appreciate your seeking "one product" to do it all.

However, just consider these examples.

1. If sanding a peice of wood, it requires different grit sizes to do the job right.

2. If preparing a vehicle for refinishing, it requires several tools, chemicals/paints, different abrasive papers, etc, tapes, etc.

3. If washing a shirt, skirt, pants, etc, it may require various pre-soaks, detergents, etc to get the item clean correctly.

To put it in a "nut shell", no one product is going to provide the required end result in every case.

Requires understanding of what one is dealing with, what one expects for end results, what are the correct processes to attain such and how to use the various products that may be required.

There is no "magic bullet" to get what you wish to do with one product.

Grumpy

justin30513
03-02-2012, 11:38 PM
If just one product had to be used, it would be Folex.

It simply removes things I thought would never come out.

salty
03-03-2012, 01:38 AM
Check out Pro Chem pre treats. Low VOC is good one. Dilution 32:1. Gets out 99% of what Folex does. No foam, non-ionic.

There are many other companies. I am using a Century product right now, dilution is 5:1 - 9:1 works well, but a little harsher on me to breath.

While no cleaner gets out every stain. A solvent cleaner is needed for oil stains. These two will get out the majority. After that it will become a specially stain, which will need a special, use it very little product. Rust is one.

imported_Stokdgs
03-09-2012, 12:38 AM
I have had great results on carpeting with Meguiars APC+.

Cleans great, smells great, low foaming, inexpensive for me.

I like to spray it on, brush it in, and then extract it out. Sometimes, I will spray it on, Steam it in, through a towel, if its really dirty carpeting I will just use the triangular steam brush without the towel, then extract it, and pretty much golden.

In process of Detailing a 2001 BMW 525i, and in doing the trunk carpet, there was one 2" line of grease on one corner of this giant gray carpet. My APC+ formula lightened it but didnt remove it, so I sprayed just a little bit of Meguiars Super Degreaser (also quick rinsing, low foaming), brushed it, extracted it, and it was gone.

Dan F