PDA

View Full Version : Adams Waterless Car Wash

Striker
02-29-2012, 08:57 PM
What`s everyone`s thoughts and opinions on this waterless wash? Even as an avid detailer, I am often too lazy to drag out the wash bucket, hose, and the rest of the tools to properly wash my garage queen, 1-1200mile per year car.

Based on it`s description* the product would suit me well. I drive the car to a car show, a lil cruise, and back in the garage- you can see why I cannot always justify a full out wash.

I am always torn with these products: do I just stop being lazy and wash the car properly, or can I do this spray-n-wipe wash?

P-nut
02-29-2012, 09:56 PM
It seems the Adam`s product line doesn`t get much airplay here. I haven`t tried any of them yet, but the company`s main warehouse and store are only a few miles away from me, and I`ve become really interested in them lately. I`ve heard and read nothing but good things.

Anyway, there`s quite a following over at www.adamsforums.com, and surprisingly, that forum is as active as Autopia.

P.S. You`re an avid detailer but too lazy to wash your car? :lol:

imported_ww2717
02-29-2012, 10:11 PM
You do know that Adams has a chemical company that makes car detailing products. Either reformulate one of their products or makes the products according to Adams chemical formula. I don`t think that Adams makes their own products like 3D.,

Striker
02-29-2012, 10:20 PM
It seems the Adam`s product line doesn`t get much airplay here. I haven`t tried any of them yet, but the company`s main warehouse and store are only a few miles away from me, and I`ve become really interested in them lately. I`ve heard and read nothing but good things.

Anyway, there`s quite a following over at www.adamsforums.com, and surprisingly, that forum is as active as Autopia.

P.S. You`re an avid detailer but too lazy to wash your car? :lol:

As I was typing that, I was laughing to myself, but with a lack of a garage/shaded area, the washing bit for me is a big pain in the you know what. Plus, the car gets drive, MAYBE once a week, and I cannot justify a total, complete wash for it that often.

CTSV
03-01-2012, 07:44 AM
I have a whole gallon of the stuff, it works, but it and the meguiars ultimate wash and wax I have both streak unless you followup with a DS wipe down afterwards. That said, it`s a mostly safe equivalent to ONR if you only want to spend 30minuites giving the car a quick spruce up before you ride along, however, even though I use 3-4 waffle towels per wash and use all 8 sides, I`ve already had to correct some micro-marring that`s been put there from WWing. It`s safer than DS, but nothing`s is as safe as a 2 bucket, or ONR-- as at least you`re using your washing mit and water...

As a person that frequents both forums, there`s no comparison to autopia. None. If you want to go jump on a bandwagon and get a lot of pats on the back for buying from a single brand, by all means, go post over there, the community is very tight-knit and they`ll make you feel right at home. If you want a forum where brand is irrelevant and you just want to know what works, or have any chance at comparing different products autopia is unmatched in that respect, and you`ll still get a few pats on the back :o

Honestly? I purchased one of their $500 detailing kits a few months ago, my evaluation of most of their products could be summed up to say that they work, but they`re rather expensive.

The SVRT, fender liner spray (it`s basically an oil-based tire shine product,) and the leather conditioner/interior cleaner are products I *might* buy again-- the SVRT is $30 a small bottle. Everything else just isn`t worth it. their DS isn`t very special versus some M34, their polishes are at best described as `maintenance oriented rather than for correction` and the Americana wax I have is $70-80 a can, but I`m not sure why.

P.S. You`re an avid detailer but too lazy to wash your car?

if he`s like me, I can certainly understand it. The V is a garage kept weekend car, and my `washes` usually take 2-3 hours. It just doesn`t need a wash every week, and I`d rather spend those 2-3 hours driving it instead of wasting it in perfect sunny weather on a Saturday. With WW and DS I can keep the V looking pretty good (until the Brake dust is unbearable) for about a month before I just need to give her a bath.

P-nut
03-01-2012, 10:57 AM
You do know that Adams has a chemical company that makes car detailing products. Either reformulate one of their products or makes the products according to Adams chemical formula. I don`t think that Adams makes their own products like 3D.,

I believe that`s true of most product lines out there. They contract with a chemical manufacturer to make the products to their specifications. Then they bottle the stuff in-house. All that matters to me is how the products perform.

Striker
03-01-2012, 11:05 AM
That is exactly my situation, but I more than likely drive my car less than yourself.

I cannot justify a full out wash every time, but at the same token, I insist she is squeeky clean before every drive.

*Is it mandatory to use a waterless wash such as Adam`s with a WW towel? I feel that it`s just a sales grab, in my opinion.

Leadfootluke
03-01-2012, 10:20 PM
I have a whole gallon of the stuff, it works, but it and the meguiars ultimate wash and wax I have both streak unless you followup with a DS wipe down afterwards. That said, it`s a mostly safe equivalent to ONR if you only want to spend 30minuites giving the car a quick spruce up before you ride along, however, even though I use 3-4 waffle towels per wash and use all 8 sides, I`ve already had to correct some micro-marring that`s been put there from WWing. It`s safer than DS, but nothing`s is as safe as a 2 bucket, or ONR-- as at least you`re using your washing mit and water...

As a person that frequents both forums, there`s no comparison to autopia. None. If you want to go jump on a bandwagon and get a lot of pats on the back for buying from a single brand, by all means, go post over there, the community is very tight-knit and they`ll make you feel right at home. If you want a forum where brand is irrelevant and you just want to know what works, or have any chance at comparing different products autopia is unmatched in that respect, and you`ll still get a few pats on the back :o

Honestly? I purchased one of their $500 detailing kits a few months ago, my evaluation of most of their products could be summed up to say that they work, but they`re rather expensive.

The SVRT, fender liner spray (it`s basically an oil-based tire shine product,) and the leather conditioner/interior cleaner are products I *might* buy again-- the SVRT is $30 a small bottle. Everything else just isn`t worth it. their DS isn`t very special versus some M34, their polishes are at best described as `maintenance oriented rather than for correction` and the Americana wax I have is $70-80 a can, but I`m not sure why.

if he`s like me, I can certainly understand it. The V is a garage kept weekend car, and my `washes` usually take 2-3 hours. It just doesn`t need a wash every week, and I`d rather spend those 2-3 hours driving it instead of wasting it in perfect sunny weather on a Saturday. With WW and DS I can keep the V looking pretty good (until the Brake dust is unbearable) for about a month before I just need to give her a bath.

Uh oh, don`t let anyone on adamsforums see this, they will post it on their forum and bash the living crap out of you.

For what it`s worth, their SVRT does work well, but on trim it is no better than any other trim dressing. Same with tires.

And I *have* used their waterless wash. But only theirs, so I have nothing to compare it to. After trying it on my vehicle with very very minimal dust, it streaked and didn`t leave the surface very slick. It did take their DS to eliminate the haze. I have a DD and not a show car, and I would prefer a Rinseless wash over waterless anyday.

David Fermani
03-01-2012, 10:50 PM

Thanks for telling it how it is!

chrisguga
03-01-2012, 11:05 PM
I was banned from the Adam`s website because I just can`t stand how blindly loyal they are to inferior products.

I really like some of their offerings, but the mods over there will practically insist someone buy a Flex from Adam`s because they can`t get the results they`re after with Adam`s polishes and pads on a PC. It can`t possibly be the very weak polishes and pads. It`s 100% user error, 100% of the time. But, since you`re so inept with the PC, you need to buy a Flex from Adam`s so it can make up from your inability to detail.

I would have believed this, but after spending 3 hours correcting one door on my car, I went searching for alternatives. I bought the 5" Tuf Buf wool pads and Meg`s 105 and achieved beautiful results. I finished down with Adam`s white pad and fine machine polish which worked fine for that job. I`ve since moved on to microfiber pads.

The arrogance over there is simply stunning. It`s ALWAYS the user`s fault that they can`t get RIDS out of Audi paint and not because their most aggressive pads and polishes are mediocre at best.

And now I`m off of my soapbox!

:edit: And just so I don`t sound overly negative, I do like their Americana, Detail Spray, SVRT, and Interior Conditioner. They may be a little pricy, but they are quite good. The pads and polishes were a huge disappointment.

uzj100
03-02-2012, 12:16 AM
I`ve used Adams, 3D and CG waterless washes. IMHO, they`re basically the same. Of these 3, I think I prefer the CG product. Though different in color the scent is the same as Adams.

For light "dusty" surfaces, I think these products are fine and safe to use

CTSV
03-02-2012, 01:22 PM
I really like some of their offerings, but the mods over there will practically insist someone buy a Flex from Adam`s because they can`t get the results they`re after with Adam`s polishes and pads on a PC. It can`t possibly be the very weak polishes and pads. It`s 100% user error, 100% of the time. But, since you`re so inept with the PC, you need to buy a Flex from Adam`s so it can make up from your inability to detail.

that is *EXACTLY* what I was told when their strongest stuff wasn`t taking out swirls on my paint- I even provided proof via video that I my technique was just fine.. they suggested I spend another $500 on a flex before suggesting a different product, I almost wanted to ask what happened to your 110% satisfaction policy?

I`d quote the rest of your post and put a +1, but I`m lazy. It`s never their weak-*** product`s fault, it must be yours.

Is it mandatory to use a waterless wash such as Adam`s with a WW towel? I feel that it`s just a sales grab, in my opinion.

mandatory? If you`re wiping off more than light dust yes. The point of Waffle towels is that the dirt gets captured in the `pockets` and isn`t marring the paint.

Light dust from sitting in a garage-- use good MF towels and DS

Dirt/grime/bugs/bird dropings from actually driving the car-- use a Waffel towel and waterless wash.

Bunky
03-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Uh oh, don`t let anyone on adamsforums see this, they will post it on their forum and bash the living crap out of you.

For what it`s worth, their SVRT does work well, but on trim it is no better than any other trim dressing. Same with tires.

And I *have* used their waterless wash. But only theirs, so I have nothing to compare it to. After trying it on my vehicle with very very minimal dust, it streaked and didn`t leave the surface very slick. It did take their DS to eliminate the haze. I have a DD and not a show car, and I would prefer a Rinseless wash over waterless anyday.

I have used Adam`s (still use it since I have some left) along with DP, PB`s, and Ultima. Ultima is by far the best cleaner. Adam`s is ok but it seems streaky for me too but notice if you let it "age" a few seconds it seems to buff off easier. PB`s is the champ is buffing off easy in any condition (cold or warm surface). I just use these as bug /bird removals and on jambs or cleaning up a after quick towel dry.