PDA

View Full Version : bad smell interior

White lexus 23
02-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Ok heres the scoop. My sister has a dashpad and she washed it and let it air dry she put it back in the car before it was completley dry and now the car has a smell that I can only describe as how old wet leaves smell. I cleaned the dash with megs apc and cleaned the carpets and it came back. What are any suggestions you have? Thank you in advance.

Street5927
02-28-2012, 08:48 PM
Maybe it is in the dashpad if it is still in the car. Remove the dashpad from the car and see if the odor remains.

Ron Ketcham
02-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Since this is a "one car" thing.

Go to a pet store and buy a 8oz bottle of Smell BeGone,(same product, under different labels are available, just read the labels) spray both sides of the mat, let it set for 10 minutes and then put your nose to it.

If you misted it evenly, it will be gone.

It is "non-toxic", will not affect the color of the mat and has a lot of uses for you.

Grumpy

DM101
02-29-2012, 05:32 AM
Can you get a new dashpad ??? If not I would rewash it adding may a couple drops of bleach and be sure it is dry. Open all 4 windows and maybe add a fan to blow fresh air.

Or try Dakota Odor Bomb Car Odor Eliminator or some of the other products from Autogeek. air fresheners, car air freshener, air fresheners for cars, odor eliminator, odor remover, air freshner (http://www.autogeek.net/auto-air-fresheners.html) But don`t try the Chemical guys Stripper Scent Premium Air Freshener,,,,Naw just joking .....

White lexus 23
02-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Thanks guys. I threw out the dashpad as soon as I could it has not been in there since she noticed it smelled. Thank you again.