PDA

View Full Version : accidentally took off ibterior plastic paint, need some ideas

mc01ta
02-18-2012, 05:21 PM
I took off a small area of silver finish on a plastic piece on my steering wheel on my 2007 Nissan pathfinder. This is the same steering wheel used to 350z, armadas, and frontiers for example.I have a pic but can`t figure out how to upload from my phone. Any repair ideas? This is a soft plastic piece that scratches very easy and I got carried away on a test spot using klasse aio.

I`m not looking for a perfect repair just a small touch up as this area is now black plastic showing. I may just use some silver touch up paint, tape off, brush on and feather sand w a pencil and 4k grit sandpaper.

I would love to hear some ideas and experiences from anyone who has done such a repair.

mc01ta
02-19-2012, 04:31 PM
90 views no replies, what does a guy have to do to get some help lol

Legacy
02-19-2012, 04:35 PM
89 of us are waiting for an answer.

Greg Gellas
02-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Is the left side blank or do you have switches...

Blank panel: 4846-4ea000 $132.55

Illuminated Pathfinder panel: 2552-EA08A Description : Switch Assembly Cost $81.72 (and you get the left and right hand side!)

Replacment is easy...If your gonna paint them using the duplicolor interior trim paint that is made to match Nissan, wouldn`t you remove them anyway to paint them? Why not just get a replacment?

mc01ta
02-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Thank you. Where you get that price through? Rather not spend $80 on this stupid part. How do you remove the piece? Also where can I pick up color kaching paint? I was thinking if either a spot repair or just strip off remaining paint and then spray entire piece.

If you have a link or product code for the duplucolor that would very helpful. Thank you for your help

Greg Gellas
02-19-2012, 08:00 PM
There is a little hole. just stick a standard screwdriver up there and push the release bar air bag pops off, and then just unscrew the trim. From what I found you want

"Duplicolor "for use with nissan" on the can, it is the Precision Gray color"

Steering wheel "trim" - Page 3 - Nissan Frontier / Navara Forum (http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f9/steering-wheel-trim-58092/index3.html)

mc01ta
02-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Thank you, I follow everything but the push the release bar air bag pops off. Where/what is this