PDA

View Full Version : Armor All Extreme Shield Wax

Pages : [1] 2

nonwelder
02-18-2012, 12:19 AM
Saw this at AAP today. About $20. Seems interesting. Looks like a WOWO product that claims to release dit and grime easily. Hate to say it, but I may try it.

AAPEX 2011: Armored AutoGroup: Armor All Ultra Shine Extreme Shield Wax (http://www.aapexshow.com/myaapex/public/Booth.aspx?IndexInList=6&Upgrade=&FromPage=nz_ALExhibitorSearch.aspx&BoothID=154876&Task=ProductsDetails&PRODID=2471)

DM101
02-18-2012, 04:36 PM
"Armor All Extreme Shield Wax requires no buffing" ????

justin30513
02-19-2012, 08:12 AM
"Armor All Extreme Shield Wax requires no buffing" ????

Guessing that means to the general market that the product comes off very easily.

OTC products have came a long way. There are some really nice ones out now.

imported_WhyteWizard
02-21-2012, 10:28 PM
In the interest of contributing - I have absolutely no dog on this particular side of this fight - I decided to do what I`d call some opposition research and bought a bottle of Armor All Extreme Shield Wax to try.

The way I cut and polish paint, it looks pretty near flawless, no swirls no light scratches and only the scratches I think are too deep to remove without doing more harm than good are left, so wax or sealant makes very little difference to the final look.

The Armor all wax went on very easily, and because it`s not supposed to be left to haze it`s pretty much on with one hand and off with the other all the way around the car. After one pass around the car, I took two cloths and went around the car again to make sure there was no residue left. The finish was not as slick to the microfiber as with the other sealants I use but that could be because it`s taking awhile to really set up. I`ll know better tomorrow.

I decided to see just how hydrophobic the surface was so I sprayed a door with some water. The beading was impressive. The car would have blown completely dry with no trouble at all.

It`s an interesting product Easy to use, seems to leave a good finish, doesn`t dust up or turn rubber white. I have no idea how long it will last and frankly, the car I used it on is headed to auction, not a show, or into a clients garage but if the car gets "all the money"... At least there were no obvious problems.

nonwelder
02-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Keep us updated. I saw it tonight for about $15, which is not bad. If it lasts at all, it might be nice. What`s the look like? I`ll be interested to see how the slickness is tomorrow!

DM101
02-22-2012, 06:24 AM
Please update us. How is it in the looks department??? Thanks

imported_WhyteWizard
02-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Like I said, the way I finish paint before wax/sealer, etc. if something goes on thin and doesn`t scratch my surface then they all look pretty good. That said, the Armor All has a nice gloss, went on easy, though you do have to be sure and wipe as you because it doesn`t come off easily if you let it sit awhile, and came off easy when the instructions are followed.

After a day, the microfiber still doesn`t shoot across the surface like it does with some of the other products I`ve used but as far as looks goes it`s just fine. I guess I`ll have to put some on a car I take care of to find out if the other claims about ease of maintenance are true.

Still, all in all, if I had to, I could live with it, at least in the short term. Of course, long term might be entirely different. As far as I can see, there`s no down side to giving it a run.

imported_WhyteWizard
04-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Well, I decided to try the extreme sealer on a black Jaguar I wash every couple of weeks. That car came up for a wash today and it was pretty impressive. The water shot off the surface like it was levitated. After the wash, the water rolled off the car so fast it didn`t sheet dry like my cars normally do, so, I had to grab the airforce master blaster and hit the car with air, no towel and none needed.

Very good so far for a car you want to be able to take care of without having to touch the paint much. I`ll update my observations if I think about it in a month or two.

Robert

nonwelder
04-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Thanks for the update. Is the look more like a typical sealant or a deeper look? Interested in the durability.

Leadfootluke
04-05-2012, 11:37 PM
I wonder how it compares to their wheel protectant. That product beads water insanely well [however it`s just a greasy mess], so I wonder if it is a short term product of if it will have some relatively good duration.

imported_WhyteWizard
04-05-2012, 11:47 PM
It`s easy on easy off. I do the karate kid thing, I didn`t let it dry at all, one hand on, the other mostly off. Then after I went around the car the first time I did one more quick pass with a couple of clean cloths. The feel isn`t as slick as some, even most, of my other sealants and waxes but like I said, it washes with no drama at all. The water comes off really fast and it`s not greasy but certainly shiny.

We`ll see about the durability.

All the best,

Robert

Boston Man
04-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Armor All has a $10 rebate going on for this products

http://armorall.com/pdf/AA-ESW-Rebate.pdf

bill57
04-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Can this product be applied with a PC?

imported_WhyteWizard
04-30-2012, 08:49 AM

I`m sure you could but it`s not a correction type material. You just rub it on, THIN, and wipe it off. It would be a waste of a decent pad as far as I`m concerned.

Robert

nyakerz
04-30-2012, 09:28 AM

based on the opinions of those who have used it, i guess you could but you have to remove it immediately after each panel or half a panel. i haven`t tried it but i think application of wowo products through DA will take me more time than applying it by applicator pad.