PDA

View Full Version : SSR-1...I need a little advice

jason2215
02-17-2012, 11:28 PM
Hey all. Well, decided I wanted to get rid of some of the fine scratches on my wife`s new VW CC (Black...ugh) and give it it`s first wax. I applied SSR-1 w/ a white pad (applied w/ Porter Cable). I figured this would be gentle enough, since it always seems to work great on my grey Ford. However, it left haze marks. Any advice on a product that will fit in between my SSR-1 and EX-P to get rid of all the haze prior to applying EX-P? Now I need to do more correcting than when I started. Been doing my own cars with these products for awhile, but obviously I need to switch it up.

Any advice would be appreciated!!

Edit: The pad is brand new. Also tried applying the SSR-1 w/ a black finishing pad to see if I would get different results, but came out the same.

jason2215
02-18-2012, 08:03 AM
and please let me know if you need more info on the process, etc in order to answer. I leave for deployment next weekend so I need to knock this car out before then. :dizzy:

usdm
02-18-2012, 09:52 AM
Used to use ssr1 on different cars; worked great on all. On my paint? Not so great. Before going with Menzerna products, I found pretty good results with PWC via polish and finishing pads.

Another option is to try sonax nano tech paint cleaner.