PDA

View Full Version : Fear change.....

detailz
03-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Change is inevitable; yet, it doesn`t mean I have to like it initially. I understand that DC had to make changes to the formatting, but I think I am missing something or maybe it is no longer part of the format. I will try to clearly express my grieveance: it seems that you can only view Today`s posts on the home screen now; whereas, previously you could scroll back and catch the last couple of days.

Here is my issue: Bring back the MORE link at the bottom of Today`s thread on the Home Page!!!!!!!!I liked being able to go back a few days to to review replys that have been submitted since I can`t be on the site 24 hrs at a time. It may be the next day till I get to the site to see the responses. So it seems now I have to record on a slip of paper which forum the thread was created to read the followups. Alot of work in my opinion to review recent responses.

Is there a way to track specific threads you are interested in within the site or am I going to continue to use slips of paper to keep my pea brain memory together? Or perhaps add a calendar function to the New Posts tab so you can recall the last day or two or whatever time frame you are looking for.

Doug

Poorboy
03-09-2006, 04:44 PM
go to your user cp then go to user options, then scroll down to subscribe feature and you will be notified to any thread you replied to. :)

glen22
03-09-2006, 04:48 PM
I go to search and put in my name and it brings me to every thread I responded to. You can try this also..

chml17l
03-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Have you tried using the "New Posts" link located on the homepage and at the top of any thread. This has always worked for me.

MS22
03-09-2006, 05:14 PM
Rather than get worked up over not having the "More" link at the bottom of "Recent Threads" on the home page just click the "New Posts" ot the top bar located between Member List and Search. Done.

detailz
03-09-2006, 08:14 PM
Rather than get worked up over not having the "More" link at the bottom of "Recent Threads" on the home page just click the "New Posts" ot the top bar located between Member List and Search. Done.

Going to "New Posts" works for today - but what about the ones from yesterday or just two days ago? I know how to track the threads I respond too; however, not every thread I read, do I respond too. There are times I am curious to the feedback/information left on a particular thread without necessarily leaving a response. It was very simple to click "more" and get the last few days. Now you have to go in and out of multiple forums to get to the desired thread. Like most people, I am EXTREMELY busy and find the new system time consuming.

CharlesW
03-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Go to the "Thread Tools", select the "subscribe to this thread" option for any threads you want to follow.

Charles

cwcad
03-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Always the man of reason. Good pointer, Charles. I never knew about that little gem.

detailz
03-10-2006, 06:00 AM
Thanxs Charles. Never noticed the "Thread Tools".
Doug

shineycar
03-10-2006, 09:17 PM
i believe that when u hit new post it shows all post since the last time u logged on the site. so u get to see all post even if it has been 2,3,4 days or whatever since ur last visit... someone correct me if i am wrong about this! lol
not sure if there is a limit on how far back that works for though...