PDA

View Full Version : Needing a little ONR help

Fallz
02-12-2012, 05:20 PM
I am using 1 bucket method because I spray the truck down to removes as much grime as possible. My wash medium is a micro fiber covered sponge and it collects plenty of dirt , but it seems the ONR is not letting the medium rinse out clean .

I an using 1 capful per gallon and use a 2 gallon pail.

justin30513
02-12-2012, 05:58 PM
The wash medium will look dirty. This is just a trait of ONR. You`re doing everything just fine.

Just rub your hand over it to remove any debris into the bucket.

C. Charles Hahn
02-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Get yourself a 3 gallon bucket from HD or Lowe`s and stick a grit guard in the bottom of it. Rub the wash media across that to clean the grit off.

justin30513
02-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Get yourself a 3 gallon bucket from HD or Lowe`s and stick a grit guard in the bottom of it. Rub the wash media across that to clean the grit off.

This works too. Actually what I do now. I figured he didn`t have a grit guard.

TLMitchell
02-12-2012, 10:51 PM
I am using 1 bucket method because I spray the truck down to removes as much grime as possible. My wash medium is a micro fiber covered sponge and it collects plenty of dirt , but it seems the ONR is not letting the medium rinse out clean .

I`ve had that experience with every MF medium or mitt I`ve tried. Grout sponges are the only thing I`ve used that rinse clean.

Bakeries get glaze and other supplies in 5 gallon buckets and throw away a ton of them. I had some folks at Wally World`s bakery save me a couple of freebies. 50 lbs of drywall mud comes in 4 gal buckets as well. Many paint & wallpaper shops have extras laying around.

TL

C. Charles Hahn
02-12-2012, 11:20 PM
Bakeries get glaze and other supplies in 5 gallon buckets and throw away a ton of them. I had some folks at Wally World`s bakery save me a couple of freebies. 50 lbs of drywall mud comes in 4 gal buckets as well. Many paint & wallpaper shops have extras laying around.

TL

Only thing I like better about the 3 gallon buckets is they`re shorter, so it`s not quite as long of a reach to get to the bottom of them. Otherwise the freebies are fine.

Fallz
02-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Its actually a 3.5 gallon pail and I usually use 2-2.5 gallons in it , but is my mixture correct with a capful per gallon ??

What about for a cleaner / qd that I use in a quart spray bottle ? what works best for that ?

I just tried some QID and some OPT-clean as well and dang my truck cane out beautify looking.

I can wait til spring to do a complete OPT it. I have used ONR for a while but never like the other stuff and recently bout a boat load of all new stuff from them and I am liking it. Because of the harsh winters here I did start with a couple coats of Megs #16 as a base LSP.

Ben@3D
02-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Another idea is to find a friend who buys their chemicals in 5 gallon pails and steal some of their pails when they are done with them. :)

Bunky
02-18-2012, 08:32 AM
The 5 gallon buckets at Home Depot, Lowes are one of the least expensive detailing items you can get and you can add gamma seals, etc. later.

Paul Sparks
02-18-2012, 10:41 AM
I have the 5 gal buckets from Menards (perfect fit for grit guards) and gamma lids from HD. Marked 2,3,and 5 gals on the buckets which aids in filling for whichever task is at hand.

Fallz
02-18-2012, 11:43 AM
I have the 5 gal buckets from Menards (perfect fit for grit guards) and gamma lids from HD. Marked 2,3,and 5 gals on the buckets which aids in filling for whichever task is at hand.

The question is not the buckets , I can get 5 gallon buckets free all day long from our company .

Im asking about different types of ONR mixtures.

RobD
02-18-2012, 03:43 PM
After finishing a ONR wash (standard dilution), I clean my dirty wash mitt using a little bit of liquid Tide detergent in a bucket of clean, warm water. It comes out almost like new.