PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Polishes?

nonwelder
02-06-2012, 11:44 PM
I`ve got the good old 105/205 combo now. Thinking of going mostly optimum, so what are your thoughts on their polish/compound? Not sure if I am ready to splurge on the sprays, but am interested in hearing your thoughts on both!

Thanks

Scottwax
02-07-2012, 02:19 AM
Optimum makes some great polishes, I prefer the spray versions but the conventional ones are pretty good too. Plus G-P-S has great cut for an AIO product. What is really surprising to me is how well OHP and OHC work on single stage paint. Way better than Meguiars 80 series products which were designed when there were still a lot of single stage paints being used.

Don`t get rid of #105/205 though, I still run across paint that Meguiars works better on. But after getting used to spray polishes, I don`t like having to squeeze out product onto the pads now. :lol

Every so often I use Uno too. I think you need to have at least two different polish brands on hand since paint can be so different from car to car.

David Fermani
02-08-2012, 02:11 PM
Their polishes work great with MF pads.

Phishy4
02-09-2012, 11:40 AM
I`ve used Optimum`s polishes (polish, compound, hypercompound) in their old versions for years. I did like them for the no dusting deal, but they took forever to use. I got excited and bought into the polish II, compound II and finish but I bought right before they switched formulas to the SMAT technology. They were ok, but I still found myself reaching for 105/205. I finally used some of the "new" formula stuff and I do like it quite a bit better than their old stuff, the no dusting is great.

Shawn F.
02-10-2012, 10:49 AM
I am mostly all Optimum products. Their new polishes and compounds are great with no dusting and long work time. Their spray polish and compounds are awesome! I doubt I will go back to the traditional bottles of polishes and compound from them because the ease of use, no dusting and long work time of the sprays. I HIGHLY recommend them! As others have said, do not get rid of your Meguiars line because it`s nice to have some back ups for different kinds of paint/clears but my main go to polishes and compounds are Optimum.

Accumulator
02-10-2012, 12:27 PM
IME the Optimum Hyper Spray Compound is *VERY* user-friendly, but doesn`t cut nearly as aggressively as something like M105. The ease of use is really somthing though, so I reach for it if I don`t need a lot of cut. IMO it`s more like a "super polish" than a compound, at least on harder clear.

Lowejackson
02-18-2012, 02:03 PM
I am a big fan of Optimum Hyper range but I do wish they had something more aggressive than the Hyper Compound for hard paints