PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Waterless Wash Review and Question

jw
02-06-2012, 11:17 PM
So I finally got around to trying Ultima Waterless Wash. I`ve never liked the smell of ONR so i thought i`d give this a shot. I found the product to not smell much better than ONR. It did a good job cleaning with one exception. I noticed that my wash media(grout sponge) got really dirty compared to ONR. With ONR, no matter how dirty the sponge got, it always washed out when i put it back in the bucket. With Ultima, my sponge was really dirty looking and it never came clean. SHould I take this as a sign that ONR has way better dirt releasing properties? Maybe I need to go back to ONR?

jmsc
02-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Never has happened to me but I never used Ultima.

Did you use a brand new sponge? Was it Zymol`s, HD`s, Lowe`s, Supernatural`s? What if you use a MF towel?

Bunky
02-07-2012, 11:32 AM
I would have guessed just the opposite. For me, when using ONR, the wash media unless using a sponge never will rinse clean. It builds up as it cleans. Some call this staining.

jw
02-07-2012, 02:45 PM
I was using a lowes grout sponge.

Lowejackson
02-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Could the staining be caused by some kind of thin layer/spot of oil which which would not be easily washed away

Edit. Forgot to say how nice it is to see your name back here

umi000
02-08-2012, 11:35 PM
I would have guessed just the opposite. For me, when using ONR, the wash media unless using a sponge never will rinse clean. It builds up as it cleans. Some call this staining.

I agree with Al - I find ONR "stains" my wash mitts much more than UWW+. (A good hand wash generally gets it clean with either, though.)