PDA

View Full Version : Couple ?s about my detail process

accordv6mt
02-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Ok so after reading a lot on this site I`ve selected my products. First off car is a 2004 accord nighthawk black pearl paint. My process so far:

Clean car with dawn mixture and clay

Repair chips and scratches best I can with Langka using wet method since its pearl

Wait a week, clean, clay, then Porter cable 7424xp buff with swirl x, then m205

Clean car again (maybe just a foam and alcohol water wipe so no marring) and get clear bra installed on front of car

The rest of the steps only apply to non-clear bra areas unless I should do it over the clear bra some input hear would be appreciated.

Using 7424xp buff with bf gloss enhancing, then bf wet diamond, then bf midnight wax

Ive gone over a lot of threads on best ways to fill chips and scratches and it seems like it would be best to do this as the first step then buff right?

Is a week long enough for the paint to cure before buffing?

This may he a stupid ? But should I use the 7424xp to apply the gloss enhancing polish, wet diamond, and midnight wax? (With Light pressure)

Is it ok to use my last 3 products (bf gloss enhancing polish, bfwd, bf midnight Sun wax) on the clear bra which will be 3m I`m pretty sure?

Any critiquing about my process or more needed steps?

Sorry for all the questions just trying to do this right the first time and this site has already helped me so much.

Bunky
02-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Wait a week, clean, clay, then Porter cable 7424xp buff with swirl x, then m205.

How confident are you that the SwirlX and M205 combo will get the paint as you like?

If you really do not know, I would just do a quick wash, clay a small area, and then do a test spot. This way if you need something more aggressive than SwirlX (my guess is yes) and if you wait until the "big day" you would likely need to make a run to get some Meg`s Ultimate Compound rather than just go for it with what you have. This will save time. You need to have the products you need to do the job right after you do the test spot. Once you select the main polish, you can then decide if you really need something like M205 or maybe you need something that would finish even better.

Since you are going to use an abrasive polish, I would just skip the BF Gloss Enhancing unless you are relying on some filling properties left over from the polishing process.

accordv6mt
02-04-2012, 02:09 PM
I have m105 so I`m going to do some test panels and see what it looks like. Thank you

justin30513
02-04-2012, 03:01 PM
I have m105 so I`m going to do some test panels and see what it looks like. Thank you

Best thing you could have said.

Nth Degree
02-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Good advice from Bunky. Paint is likely soft, so check progress frequently when testing. M105 could make short work of it. M205 might not finish perfect, either. Test that as well before proceeding. I prefer a finer polish on black for best results.

Touch up should be safe after a week.

I agree that the GEP might be redundant. BF products should be fine on the bra. GEP & BFWD are fine to be applied by machine. Whatever pad you use for BFWD should be dedicated to only that product after that. It is nearly impossible to get out of the pad completely. Applying Midnight Sun should be done by hand and is very easy. It doesn`t need to dry to a haze before removing so you can work one panel at a time.

accordv6mt
02-04-2012, 04:59 PM
Awesome. Thank yall so much

accordv6mt
02-13-2012, 08:30 PM
1 more quick ? After I apply the bf gloss enhancing polish do I need to wash the car before applying the bf wet diamond sealant? It says that the bfgep preps it for your lsp so I`m guessing I would just wipe the polish residue off and I would be good to go, or do you think it would be better to wash the car after bfgep then apply bf wet diamond?