PDA

View Full Version : Optimum Finish Polish

Pages : [1] 2

DM101
02-02-2012, 06:24 PM
Optimum Finish Polish is it that good??? They make some strong statements... Optimum Finish Polish 8 oz., car polish, finishing polish, final polish, black car polish (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-final-polish.html)

Scottwax
02-03-2012, 01:43 PM
All I know is it makes paint look really, really good.

Lowejackson
02-03-2012, 02:24 PM
Optimum seem to be saying the Finish Polish is great for softer paints but does it work well on harder paints. I have been finishing with Hyper Polish (on my very hard Alfa paint) on a finishing pad but have I been missing that last bit of gloss by not using something like Finish Polish.

DM101
02-03-2012, 07:54 PM
I was wondering how it might compare to PO85RD and Uno my favorites.

Accumulator
02-04-2012, 02:56 PM

That`s the sort of comparison I was wondering about too, especially the PO85RD (which I still haven`t opened :o ).

justin30513
02-04-2012, 03:03 PM
I`ve heard from a ton of detailers that it`s their fave for that final pop.

Personally I`d rather use GPS and utilize the protection in it.

Scottwax
02-04-2012, 06:51 PM

No idea about P085, never used it. Compared to UNO, its a bit deeper and richer looking. Sort of like how Ultrafina looks.

Driven Auto Detail
02-04-2012, 08:48 PM
The little I`ve used has been really hard to wipe off. Anybody else have the same issue?

imported_WCD
02-04-2012, 10:06 PM
It just so happens that we used it last week. We had an Odyssey to wash, clay, polish and seal. I have REALLY wanted this product to provide that "pop" as it states. My employee, who is the polisher in my business, used it with his flex rotary and orange polish pad. This van was not detailed for 2 years- gloss was pretty good overall, however. Instead of his usual Menz, I asked him to use the Opt. Final. He called me over after half the hood.

Results:

While it did not correct like the Menz. polish or maybe a stronger polish (this product is not really intended for this anyway), he was very pleased with the clarity. There was a big difference of before and after and for a daily driver, we decided to go with the Final Polish.

The customer raved so all were happy. I`d like to do more with this product, but understand it`s not a 1 step correct rids and leave done for sealant. Perhaps, a stronger pad would work it better? However, orange on a Flex rotary...not sure how much more it can work.

Rob

Shawn F.
02-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Optimum Final Finish is great for what the name states and that`s finishing polish... It will remove very light swirls but nothing major at all. Usually on dark vehicles is what I use it on to give it that gloss or pop. For soft clears it removes light swirls nicely. I highly recommend having it on hand for those types of clears.

Kean
02-10-2012, 03:39 PM
....this thread reminded me that I have a bottle of Opt Finish Polish in one of my cabinets that I still have yet to try. I might just have to break it out when I do my next correction on my Challenger (black).

RaskyR1
02-10-2012, 04:44 PM
I`ve been using the latest Opt polishes for all my Opti-Guard jobs lately. Haven`t done any real comparisons but yet I`ve been happy with the results so far. Big time saver for OG jobs!

Driven Auto Detail
02-10-2012, 05:02 PM
The couple times I`ve used the OPT finish polish, it was hard to wipe off. Anyone else notice this? Maybe I have a bad/old bottle.

RaskyR1
02-10-2012, 05:23 PM
The couple times I`ve used the OPT finish polish, it was hard to wipe off. Anyone else notice this? Maybe I have a bad/old bottle.

I did with the small samples I was given last summer. Not sure if it was the high heat/humidity or just an early sample, but I haven`t had any issues since early last fall. That being said, it`s not like it wipes off easy like D300/M205....I`d say it`s more like wiping off Menzerna.

Scottwax
02-12-2012, 09:40 PM

Could be an earlier version, first bottle I got was a little tough to wipe off. Current one is a lot easier. Not super easy like RMG to wipe off, but nothing major.