PDA

View Full Version : Recomend Me A Wheel Cleaner ...

WD Pro
02-02-2012, 05:13 PM
For these wheels :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Peter1/KIA%20Sportage/DSC07138.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Peter1/KIA%20Sportage/DSC07140.jpg

That won`t screw up the (fragile ?) clear laquer, the zinc plated calipers and the chrome / plated wheel nuts.

Please bear in mind I am in the UK and some of the stuff used / recomended on here probably wont be freely available, maybe megs wheel brightener ? (my local shop has this on the shelf)

Thanks in advance for any replies :D

WD :D

justin30513
02-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Sonax.

That`s my recommendation.

tom p.
02-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Please bear in mind I am in the UK and some of the stuff used / recomended on here probably wont be freely available, maybe megs wheel brightener ? (my local shop has this on the shelf)

Well, the Autoglym non-acid wheel cleaner would be the most obvious choice. An oustanding product. (Certainly not the Meg`s product.)

imported_Erik Mejia
02-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Has anyone tried HiLustre MTL Wheel Cleaner? From the description it sounds like it is safe for everything. Cost is also good.

Description from their site-

MTL WHEEL CLEANER works like acid, but without the hazards. Safe for glass, paint and polished aluminum. Maintain the polished look without etching. It removes grease, road grime, and brake dust from metal, paint, and hard surfaces. Recommended for all wheels and rims. Great for truck and trailer washing. Cleans and brightens diamond plate, removes water spots.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

WD Pro
02-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Thanks for the input so far :D

AG is an interesting one I had overlooked - I think my local tesco even had it on special recently, better have another look !

Lowejackson
02-03-2012, 05:03 PM
The Autoglym also works well even when diluted by 50%. ONR works very well on my wheels. I would be tempted to clean and then use a sealant to keep them looking nice, after that washing becomes very easy

Legacy
02-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Beautiful wheels and tires. No Meg`s wheel brightner for you. It`s an acid and should be used for neglected wheels. Use GTechniq Wheel Armor (C5) and all you will need is soap and water to clean.

Scottwax
02-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Switch to ceramic brake pads and stick with whatever car wash soap you use to wash your car.

Dan
02-03-2012, 11:33 PM
Switch to ceramic brake pads and stick with whatever car wash soap you use to wash your car.

Yep. I only use wheel cleaner for neglected wheels.

tom p.
02-04-2012, 07:13 AM

WD: here`s a bit I did on the Autoglym product >> http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/131148-review-autoglym-acid-free-wheel-cleaner.html#post1484024

The stuff is brilliant, literally.

addysdaddy
02-04-2012, 07:31 AM
I completely agree with Tom P - on his advice I gave the Autoglym a try and there is no going back. Everything else I`ve tried through the years pales in comparison. +1 for sure.

wascallyrabbit
02-04-2012, 09:47 AM
i use the autoglym diluted 50% and works great for me. i would also consider sealing the wheels with some sort of coating (gtechniq c5 or opti coat, etc).

WD Pro
02-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Thanks guys :D

I am going to source myself some of the acid free AG stuff - I will look after the wheels so soap and water `should` be good enough but I will have a 50/50 mix ready to go if needed on the very dusty OE pad residue :D