PDA

View Full Version : HD help.. newbie here

Justin Merritt
02-02-2012, 02:09 PM
Looking to get the uno and poxy. Just have a few question... What the diffrence between uno and uno version 4? If I am looking to buff out some water spots or heavy scratches do I use a cutter compunnd then uno? Also could I put a wax on top of poxy or leave it how it is?

Sent from using Tapatalk

justin30513
02-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Cut, ease of use, removal, work time, etc.

In other words, it`s worth buying the new 4.0!

Remember, UNO stands for ONE. One polish...multiple uses. You can use it on wool to remove severe defects and then a finishing pad to remove hazing. It`s pad dependent.

Justin Merritt
02-02-2012, 03:47 PM
I have been useing a rotary ever since I learned how to buff. The person who taught me told me never to use a wool pad on dark colored cars. Any input on this?:confused:

Sent from using Tapatalk

bryan
02-03-2012, 10:35 AM
I have been useing a rotary ever since I learned how to buff. The person who taught me told me never to use a wool pad on dark colored cars. Any input on this?:confused:

Sent from using Tapatalk

Umm, that was bad advice. you shouldn`t end with wool, but by all means you can use wool on a black car

justin30513
02-03-2012, 12:08 PM
You sure can use wool. Even on a DA and get little to no holograms.

Ben@3D
02-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Looking to get the uno and poxy. Just have a few question... What the diffrence between uno and uno version 4? If I am looking to buff out some water spots or heavy scratches do I use a cutter compunnd then uno? Also could I put a wax on top of poxy or leave it how it is?

Sent from using Tapatalk

Welcome to Autopia. As others have mentioned. Wool does work great with Uno for super fast cutting with minimal holograms. If the paint needs it, wool will save you time.

Some people have added wax on top of Poxy, but it really does not need it. See this post on one coat of poxy vs. one coat of 1000p

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/138573-new-england-winter-product-show-down-hd-poxy-vs-fk%92s-1000p-3.html