PDA

View Full Version : HD UNO + Makita rotary= what pads to use?

brett3xx
01-30-2012, 07:18 PM
Im done with m105, I cant stand the dusting and short working time anymore. After reading lots of positive feedback on HD UNO im ready to place my order. What pads would you guys recommend to use on my makita 9227 with UNO? Ive been using LC Compressor orange and white pads, Should I stick with these or are there better pads that would work better with this product?

David Fermani
01-30-2012, 08:27 PM
Those pads should be fine. Also consider the black lambs wool ones too. Remember: don`t overload the pad with product and keep it clean. A little goes a long way. UNO works great via DA & MF pads too.

brett3xx
01-30-2012, 09:03 PM
Those pads should be fine. Also consider the black lambs wool ones too. Remember: don`t overload the pad with product and keep it clean. A little goes a long way. UNO works great via DA & MF pads too.

Thanks for the feedback, I have a few wool pads, but I haven`t used them much because they throw lent so bad. Any way of preventing this?

David Fermani
01-30-2012, 09:13 PM
Spur the living hell out of them before using them. Definately look into the black lambs wool pad. Hardly no lint.

Junebug
01-31-2012, 08:17 AM
Or get the PFW (purple foamed wool pads)

brett3xx
01-31-2012, 10:42 PM
So the black wool pads throws less lint? I have a regular white LC wool pad and even after spuring it still sheds everywhere. I`ve seen guys mentioning the PFW on several threads, does it work well on a rotary? what are the pros cons to this pad? I`ve also tried the CCS mads and I didn`t like them at all on my rotary, they were too firm and rigid for me. The kompressor pads have much more give to contour to the curves of the body. Anyone like the LC hydro pads?

Thomas Dekany
02-01-2012, 12:02 AM
2 things - 1, I hate dust and hate lint even more. 2 - As David suggests, get the black wool pads for aggressive cutting and also order some PFW pads as well. Sometimes you will not need the black one.

Use UNO sparingly. If you over apply it while trying to level, it will not cut fast enough. Apply a tiny amount and if you feel comfortable going way up in RPMs, like speed 5 or 6, UNO will cut extremely fast. Even at those speeds UNO should wipe clean and clear. If not, have 3D replace the bottle. For the following steps, use any foam you think is necessary.

Good luck