PDA

View Full Version : John Deere

mikemess
01-15-2012, 08:13 PM
My brother recently bought a 7 yr. old John Deere tractor. I went over to help him clean up. It had some water spotting and streaking so I tried Optimum compound and a blue pad with a PC. Didn`t do much. I then figured I would try a paint cleaner. I used, and this is a blast from the past, Medallion premium paint cleaner and a orange pad. This got rid of almost all the defects and had quite a bit of green paint on the pad. I am assuming there is no clearcoat hence the green. My question is since I am out of MPPC should I continue with a paint cleaner and then polishing? If so what will take the place of MPPC? I only had a small amount of MPPC and didn`t get over the whole tractor. I know this is not your everyday question.

JohnZ3MC
01-15-2012, 11:55 PM
Welcome to Autopia.

Klasse AIO sounds like it would fill the bill just fine. It`s a chemical cleaner and with the orange pad it`ll remove that old oxidized paint and spotting just fine. It does wonders on old faded red so it`ll tackle the JD green too.

For the final step, you could go with the Klasse sealant (the AIO and sealant are known as `The Klasse Twins`, sort of like the Sedin twins. OK, I`m Canadian.) Most any sealant will work too though.