PDA

View Full Version : Anyone NOT believe in powerwashing floormats????

Pages : [1] 2 3

David Fermani
01-13-2012, 04:15 PM
Anyone NOT believe in powerwashing floormats????

We`re not talking about the ones with light dirt or the ones that shred/misform when they get wet (MB/BMW). I`ve seen so many C&B`s where people extract and/or hand clean their floor mats when just a quick blast with a powerwasher would clean them better.

Dan
01-13-2012, 04:35 PM
I`m all for it, works very well and seems to magically restore the carpet nap where using an extractor and scrubbing will do the opposite.

RaskyR1
01-13-2012, 05:13 PM
HUGE time savor and produces better results!

Common sense must be used too though, just like when using one on paint. ;)

VR8
01-13-2012, 05:15 PM
So, after the quick blast with your power washer ... what? Heat lamps?

RaskyR1
01-13-2012, 05:16 PM

wet vac and hang dry

stotte20
01-13-2012, 05:32 PM
i power wash floor mats all the time, gets nasty mats looking great again. i spray a cleaner on the matt scurb with a brush, power wash the matt clean of all suds, than extract them and there good to go.

Chris Wilkes
01-13-2012, 05:35 PM

No need. Most mats are dry within a couple of hours after spraying and extracting. Do them first and they`re golden after sealing.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
01-13-2012, 05:53 PM
I hang them up, spray some chems, pw till the water runs clean, slurp up the water with vac and hang to dry..... Quickest and most thorough method I`ve found

C. Charles Hahn
01-13-2012, 06:03 PM
I still need to pick up a set of wall clamps to mount under my carport for just that purpose.

Paul Sparks
01-13-2012, 06:05 PM
I just did four F-250`s for a fleet account and two had carpeted mats. A power washer was the only way to go with these. Used the power washer on the other two which had Weather Tech mats. Using the power washer saved a ton of time over trying the extractor on those nasty mats.

justin30513
01-13-2012, 07:39 PM
David, there is no way I would not clean mats without a pressure washer. I`ve blasted dirt out for 15 minutes. Could not even imagine how long it would have taken with an extractor.

imported_MCA
01-13-2012, 08:20 PM
I am not a pro-detailer so i definitely do not see the volume nor experience the risk that you guys take when you try different things. With that said, I have been using a pressure washer on my car mats because I am a lazy ******* (I am careful of course). It`s good to hear that this procedure can stand-up to the traditional extractor-method (which I do not have).

salty
01-14-2012, 02:17 AM
Yes it is the best option, though back in the day, garden hose worked as well, just took longer. Soon as the rinse water runs clean your done.

I don`t extract mine, hang them up at an angle and all your left with is a small wet corner, wet vac or cotton towel press to dry.

I have seen mats that someone has used too much pressure and actually ripped the fibers out.

justin30513
01-14-2012, 08:19 AM
I am not a pro-detailer so i definitely do not see the volume nor experience the risk that you guys take when you try different things. With that said, I have been using a pressure washer on my car mats because I am a lazy ******* (I am careful of course). It`s good to hear that this procedure can stand-up to the traditional extractor-method (which I do not have).

Using the correct tool for the job to speed things up does not make you lazy.......it makes you smart!

My brother builds homes. I couldn`t imagine him using a hammer versus a air nail gun. It would take him forever when comparing the two.

David Fermani
01-14-2012, 08:44 AM
Yes it is the best option, though back in the day, garden hose worked as well, just took longer. Soon as the rinse water runs clean your done.

Good point. You don`t *need* a power washer to get the job done. But it does help speed things up and also lifts away that deep down dirt that`s burried deep within that really dirty mat. The key is to immediatly use your wet dry vacuum and suck out all the water. The better and more you suck, the sooner the mats with become dry.

The last thing you want to do is put mats that are in any way remotely damp back inside your vehicle. There were times when doing dealer cars that I would actually return the car 1st and drop off the mats the next day just to play it safe. It they are wet, with just a little residual dirt left inside a dark, damp trunk it will stick to high heaven the next time a salesman opens it to show a potential customer. Not good.