PDA

View Full Version : Favorite OTC Spray Wax

Pages : [1] 2

nonwelder
01-13-2012, 11:46 AM
Wondering what your thoughts are here....I`m looking for opinions on easily obtainable OTC spray wax products. I currently use Meg`s UQW. Like it a ton. Easy to use, durable, nice look. I`ve recently noticed the new EO Nanowax, which looks interesting. Anyone tried it? I`ve also used the ICE SW. I know, it`s ICE, but honestly, it wasnt bad, especially to freshen up plastic trim.

So, what`s your pick? I might even try Nu Finish Cling, diluted with distilled water.

Thanks.

tom p.
01-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Quick, take a look at Mother`s FX spray wax. I think most will like it. Probably $7 for a large bottle.

justin30513
01-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Meg`s Ultimate Quik Wax without a doubt.

Eagle One Nanowax Spray is a close second.

Just buy a gallon of Meg`s Detailer Line Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax and you`ll be set. It`s like the OTC version but to me, twice the durability.

nonwelder
01-13-2012, 12:28 PM
good to know on the detailer line Xpress Spray. I think that might be the route I go. More cost effective. I do LOVE UQW...really good all around product.

Accumulator
01-13-2012, 12:34 PM
So how would these products work out for "while drying" use after a wash? I generally use a leaves-stuff-behind QD, but I`m wondering if this might be a better idea :think:

umi000
01-13-2012, 12:39 PM
I like UQW as well, better than the Mothers Reflections spray, which is the only other OTC spray wax I`ve used.

Kean
01-13-2012, 12:40 PM
My favorite is Duragloss Aqua Wax. I have found it pretty bubba-proof (i.e. no streaking, no compatibility problems, etc.). It works well on basically all of the exterior surfaces I have tried it on and is what I usually use on trim for a quick "throw on" solution. The only downside is that it is not as easy to find in your local retail store as other OTC brands.

FWIW, QW`s and QD`s are those types of products I would rather buy online since they are sometimes available in gallon sizes.

Kean
01-13-2012, 12:46 PM
So how would these products work out for "while drying" use after a wash? I generally use a leaves-stuff-behind QD, but I`m wondering if this might be a better idea :think: DG AW works great for this IME (for those times I actually do use my WW`s to dry). Although if I`m going to be honest, I don`t have extensive experience with QW`s or QD`s in general. AW was just one of those products I liked so much I didn`t feel the need to try anything else after that. IIRC, I tried UQW when it was first introduced and had some issues with streaking. ....but then again, you`re talking to someone who has had issues like that with FK425. :errf:

pwaug
01-13-2012, 12:55 PM
AW is actually designed to be used after rinsing, while the surface is wet.

Kean
01-13-2012, 01:14 PM
AW is actually designed to be used after rinsing, while the surface is wet. ....actually, it can be used either during the drying process or after.

umi000
01-13-2012, 01:20 PM
So how would these products work out for "while drying" use after a wash? I generally use a leaves-stuff-behind QD, but I`m wondering if this might be a better idea :think:

I`ve used UQW in this fashion, worked pretty well for me, though it wasn`t as slick as when it was applied to a dry car.

Accumulator
01-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Well, *ANY* mention of something not being foolproof is pretty much a dealbreaker for me.

And how do the prices of these products compare to FK/etc.?

I know some have even had issues with FK425, and/but since I`ve been lucky enough to avoid trouble with that stuff it`s still one of my go-tos (though I don`t use it on waxes any more).

Dan
01-13-2012, 02:56 PM
UQW is the best OTC stuff in my book, but OCW is so much better, its worth the extra hassle to get it.

BigAl3
01-13-2012, 11:14 PM
dg aw & uqw are great choices and one that doesn`t get talked about enough is the mothers fx spray wax which is also great as well...

RobD
01-14-2012, 08:39 AM
UQW is the best OTC stuff in my book, but OCW is so much better, its worth the extra hassle to get it.

+1

Mother`s FXSW is also a very good OTC product.