PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Leather Conditioner?

imported_DieselMDX
01-12-2012, 02:35 AM
Love zaino but damn bottle is too small anyone have anything in larger volume with same results?

thanx

Thomas Dekany
01-12-2012, 04:43 AM
3D`s is an excellent product Both are that I have used and using. Too inexpensive in my opinion. Not too long ago I cleaned the leather first with HD total, steamed it and used 2 applications on the seats. Next day the owner was so exited because the leather was so soft.

Car Leather Cleaner & Conditioner - Liquid Leather | 3D Products (http://www.autopia-store.org/Liquid-Leather.html)

The other product is HD protect. It is more like Zaino in appearance. The product itself.

I am sure others will recommend other very good stuff.

togwt
01-12-2012, 06:30 AM
Unless a Premium Leather option was purchased the type of leather upholstery used by ~ 95% of OEM is a multi stratum covering over the leather hide; the top strata is the surface pigmentation (colour) and an abrasion resistant urethane. Simple cleaning and protection steps that will prolong the life of finished leather, urethane doesn’t require conditioning or rejuvenation

justin30513
01-12-2012, 07:10 AM
3D`s is an excellent product Both are that I have used and using. Too inexpensive in my opinion. Not too long ago I cleaned the leather first with HD total, steamed it and used 2 applications on the seats. Next day the owner was so exited because the leather was so soft.

Car Leather Cleaner & Conditioner - Liquid Leather | 3D Products (http://www.autopia-store.org/Liquid-Leather.html)

The other product is HD protect. It is more like Zaino in appearance. The product itself.

I am sure others will recommend other very good stuff.

This is great to hear Thomas. It`s on my list now.

CTSV
01-12-2012, 08:03 AM
I`m using adams interior cleaner and vinyl/plastic conditioner , and they sell it by the gallon as well. It`s a satin finish 0 grease product with a slight natural leather aroma. I would imagine of course, since it`s made for coated upholstery and dashboards, it won`t work so well on bare hide. I coulnd`t give you a good opinion or impression since my previous ventures were essentially mothers 2in1 or meguiars gold-class which were either too glossy or greasy.

imported_DieselMDX
01-13-2012, 03:30 AM
Unless a Premium Leather option was purchased the type of leather upholstery used by ~ 95% of OEM is a multi stratum covering over the leather hide; the top strata is the surface pigmentation (colour) and an abrasion resistant urethane. Simple cleaning and protection steps that will prolong the life of finished leather, urethane doesn’t require conditioning or rejuvenation

really so leatherique is not needed? I have heard so many good things

CTSV
01-13-2012, 07:10 AM
really so leatherique is not needed? I have heard so many good things

some people still swear by leatherique on coated leather, but from a technical standpoint, it`s an incorrect application for the product. It`s oils are designed to penetrate and saturate and you`re applying it on a nonporous layer of leather. You can sort of draw your own conclusions to it`s effectiveness in this kind of situation. Aside from the fact that when I went looking around for it, the people that make it are relative a-holes when it comes to customer support. I would bet it`s results are incidental and pretty similar to any other coated leather conditioner if you were to use them side by side. All these things are doing is cleaning the vinyl a bit and filling in some of the micro cracks which makes it seem more supple. Or at least that`s how I understand they work.

togwt
01-13-2012, 09:07 AM
There is a great deal of conflicting information on leather care being put out by leather experts themselves who use baffling pseudo scientific techno speak as another marketing ploy, which makes it difficult to find a definitive, unbiased answer. Here is one definitive truth –you are dealing with the leathers finish, not the hide itself

I had a look at a car care vendor website and counted no less than nine pages of leather conditioning products listed, so its little wonder the conditioning myth is propagated by so many .

Amazing that so simple a subject like auto leather care has come to be considered a `black art` by many. 95% + of automobile upholstery is protected by a urethane covering; that provides a uniform colour and affords abrasion resistance, that doesn`t require `conditioning` only hydration

MichaelM
01-13-2012, 10:19 AM
I like Optimum`s Protectant Plus. Works great on vinyl as well and sold by the gallon.

Strokes77
01-13-2012, 10:51 AM
I am new to detailing. I have not tried a variety of products. However, I did buy some Liquid Leather for our personal vehicles. It well exceeded my expectations. I will probably never try another product of its type.

My wife also LOVED the smell.

Dan
01-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Megs D180.

-Like any Megs product, its strength is its incredible range, it works well on nearly all finishes.

-Adds a very slight hint of shine and darkens a tad, but the effects are very subtle

-Very effective cleaning action (great on grease, grime and dye transfer).

-Nice clean scent that does not conflict with QID and is non offensive (some of the fake leather smelling products clash with other smells and/or take over the natural smell of the car).

-Cheap!

For the high roller details, there are better products, but for bang for the buck and everyday use, this stuff is hard to beat.