PDA

View Full Version : Malco Products

BrianBrook
01-10-2012, 07:35 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has any experience using Malco polishing + compounding products. I have read many of the forums that state the quality of a lot of brands but have not heard much about Malco. I get most of the products at wholesale or cost which would greatly lower my costs.

Any experience + advice would be great

Thanks,

Brian

gmblack3
01-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Pretty much used by dealerships and scratch & shine shops.

NEDetailing
01-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Pretty much used by dealerships and scratch & shine shops.

I use mostly Malco product in my shop. They have some really great stuff, at MUCH better costs than anything online. I`m not too crazy about their compounds...I will say that. I`ve yet to find a compound from them that I use frequently. I use UFC Compound from time to time, as well as Foam Pad Compound. The Foam Pad Compound is great for a quick on the fly 3000 grit removal.

If I run into something I can remove quickly with 3000 grit, I`ll wet sand, switch foam pads, lay a bead of FPC, and it makes quick work of the etchings. Switch pads back, then go back over the spot with my polish. Then continue.

I really like their Glaze II. For a quick 1-step all in one buff...that stuff is great. You can lay it on the whole vehicle, then go around and high speed buff with a foam finishing pad. It`s quick, easy to apply, and easy to remove. It also leaves a solid wax protection.

I also like their Cherry Flash Wax. This stuff is awesome for a quick wash & wax service. It comes in liquid form, then dries to a paste. I lay it on with a DA, and remove it by hand.

Also, Foam Pad Wax. If you wanted to compare this product to anything...I`d say it`s a lot like the Finish Wax from Meguiars MF System. It`s great for a 1-step, and it protects like a sealant, while polishing at the same time. Much stronger protection than with Flash Wax, or Glaze II.

I also love their leather conditioner. Smells awesome, and works really well. The price is good too.

Other products I like from them are Red Thunder (APC), KA87 (degreaser), Showroom Shine (spray wax), Aquawax (spray wax for when vehicle is still wet), Plastic and Leather cleaner, Super Citrus (citrus cleaner), Whitewall Cleaner, Break Off (non acid wheel cleaner), Bug Off (bug splatter remover), Xtrax (extractor tank solution), and last but not least...their New Car Scent.

When it comes to compound, and straight polish...I use Megs 105 and 205 90% of the time.

BrianBrook
01-11-2012, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the reply. I have been looking into purchasing a few more of thier products and NEDetailing you gave me a place to start. I hate buying products that don`t work so your input helps. I have a couple bottle of cherry wax and leather conditioner, both work really well. I also bought a bottle of their one step paint rejuvination and have had mixed results with it, but I guess I was hoping for to much correction with it.

Anyway, thanks again.

Brian

justin30513
01-11-2012, 06:40 PM
I`ve used a few of their products some were just as good or bad as other company`s.

WaxManRonnie
01-12-2012, 07:35 AM
Malco Rejuvenator and their Leather Conditioner are both products I use regularly. I think they`re great.

Both bottles each run between $15 & $18. Not bad and thats for 32 ounces.

The Rejuvenator is my first step when working on oxidized paint.

Before:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v364/superman4evr/car7.jpg

After:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v364/superman4evr/car6.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v364/superman4evr/car1-1.jpg

justin30513
01-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Yeah Rejuv is one that I`ve used and liked. But now with 3D`s Speed coming out, it will be my new all in one.

bryan
01-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Other than the polishes and compounds, I find the Presta line offerings better. Even though they are the same company, the cleaners, dressings ect work better.