PDA

View Full Version : Waterless carwash question

tato20vt
01-10-2012, 05:55 PM
I have some questions and i was wondering if you guys could help me?

Iim using Shampoo plus, and i really love the finish and all the properties of this car wash, but recentrly i moved to a hard water area and all the sundays in the morning from 8 to 11 am its the time that i have to wash my car, i wash it on the shadow but the sun enters to the garage and warm my paint sometimes heating it! so my waterspot free car starts having this problem, i tried a lot of methods and im really tired of polishing/sealing my glass and paint to avoid the water spots.

the question is, i was looking to upgrade for a waterless car wash system, the first that i search was ONR, so heres a couple of questions

1. Can this replace my car washing method? If yes i would never go back to normal car washing

2. Its as equal as safe?

3. Can I use it when the car is very dirty?

Sorry for my english and the lot of text, just want to be clear, Your help would be very apreciated!

Legacy
01-10-2012, 08:08 PM
ONR is a rinseless wash and should not be used on a dirty car. If you car is moderately dirty you can pre-soak with ONR before doing the rinseless wash.
I have some questions and i was wondering if you guys could help me?

Iim using Shampoo plus, and i really love the finish and all the properties of this car wash, but recentrly i moved to a hard water area and all the sundays in the morning from 8 to 11 am its the time that i have to wash my car, i wash it on the shadow but the sun enters to the garage and warm my paint sometimes heating it! so my waterspot free car starts having this problem, i tried a lot of methods and im really tired of polishing/sealing my glass and paint to avoid the water spots.

the question is, i was looking to upgrade for a waterless car wash system, the first that i search was ONR, so heres a couple of questions

1. Can this replace my car washing method? If yes i would never go back to normal car washing

2. Its as equal as safe?

3. Can I use it when the car is very dirty?

Sorry for my english and the lot of text, just want to be clear, Your help would be very apreciated!

wascallyrabbit
01-10-2012, 08:33 PM
you can hose it down before doing a onr wash if its really dirty, either at the coin operated (no soap) or your garden hose.

CK_Autospa
01-10-2012, 09:47 PM
i dont trust it and myself as its too easy to damage the paint by moving around tiny pieces of dirt and debris.

no matter how well lubricated the waterless wash it it cant stop everything.

have you looked into the plug and play water softener systems?

or even that old mr. clean rinseless wash ;) :D

justin30513
01-11-2012, 07:02 AM
If you give it a quick blast to remove standing debris, waterless/rinseless washing is no different than a soap wash. Actually better in my opinion.

justin30513
01-11-2012, 07:04 AM
i dont trust it and myself as its too easy to damage the paint by moving around tiny pieces of dirt and debris.

There are thousands of write ups and statements across the internet showing that these systems work and do not damage paint. I know of it first hand. It`s very easy to learn. Why will you not try it? Heck, I`ll send you some ONR to try with.

MichaelM
01-11-2012, 08:30 AM
If you give it a quick blast to remove standing debris, waterless/rinseless washing is no different than a soap wash. Actually better in my opinion.

Totally agree. Water is a worse lubricant then the rinseless solutions. As long as some degree of care is given while washing rinseless methods are safer then normal 2 bucket washing.

Accumulator
01-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Rinseless washes don`t work as well for some people, myself included.

If the water is hard, I`d run a softener (I have one for the house and another for the garage/shop). And/or use a CRS deionizer (I only use mine for the final rinse).

AlexRuiz
01-11-2012, 02:25 PM
There are thousands of write ups and statements across the internet showing that these systems work and do not damage paint. I know of it first hand. It`s very easy to learn. Why will you not try it? Heck, I`ll send you some ONR to try with.

Why not offer also some 3D waterless / HD FREE?

Waterless is faster than rinseless, and with the the initial blast to rinse, you are taking away the only advantage that rinseless has (additional volume of liquid, to act as contaminant solvent or thermal equalizer)

justin30513
01-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Why not offer also some 3D waterless / HD FREE?

Waterless is faster than rinseless, and with the the initial blast to rinse, you are taking away the only advantage that rinseless has (additional volume of liquid, to act as contaminant solvent or thermal equalizer)

This is actually what I`m doing now. I`ve posted some info on it.

justin30513
01-11-2012, 03:42 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/138741-new-car-wash-method.html