PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a new member

Steve Eye
01-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Good morning all and glad to be aboard. I hope I can glean some good information, have some fun, and maybe even contribute something of worth to this community!

I recently bought a new car, a 2012 Honda Fit in the "Orangeburst Metallic" color. In the past I have not taken very good care of my vehicles` exteriors and I have decided to change that, especially since I have never owned such a vivid and deep color.

Once I made this decision, I knew I needed to learn more about how to make it happen. After doing a fair bit of research I began a search for a forum. I chose this forum for a few reasons, but probably the biggest one is that the discussion of products is not limited to ones that are sold here. It was surprising to me how many forums do this.

Anyhow, I am at work so duty calls!

CTSV
01-10-2012, 09:11 AM
That`s part of the reason I joined this place too.. it`s an acutal forum for product discussion instead of a giant advertisement and fanyboy orgy, and when my current supply runs out, I may take a look at 3D products to support a company that let`s it`s product litertally do the talking. If I may make one suggestion; keep it simple. One of the mistakes I`ve made is trying to analyze the entire industry at once to determine which single product best suits me. What you should instead do, is google search around for products and base your own decisions on whether it`s a love/hate product here. Don`t get caught up in `which of the 14 pads Lake county offers should I use for X polish` or `does X Wax last 5% longer than X wax` and you`ll be fine.

In order of importance for this aspect of your car I would say it goes like this;

technique

tools used

liquid product selection.

togwt
01-10-2012, 09:18 AM
:welcome: to Autopia Steve Eye

Aesthetics

The aesthetics- of a vehicles appearance is usually based upon an emotional reaction and is very subjective to say the least, the only best wax or sealant that really matters is what looks `best` to you. In the final analysis it all come down to; 85% preparation, 5% product, 7% application methodology and the balance is in the ‘guy’ of the beholder

David Fermani
01-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Welcome to Autopia Steve.

Steve Eye
01-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Thanks guys. I will put some pics up whenever I get to 10 posts :)

aman6776
01-24-2012, 01:47 AM
Greetings fellow Taco owners. My name is Len. I`m a proud owner of a 1999 Tacoma SR5 xcab. I just purchased it a couple months ago. Only 68k miles on her. Looking forward to many many years of enjoyment and reliability. I just got rid of my other Tacoma. `96 with 285k miles. I failed the frame inspection but it was time for a new one anyway. Years ago in my 4 wheelin days we all grew up with Landcruisers FJ40`s. Excellent vehicles that would go anywhere. Looking forward to hearing from fellow owners on different topics. We are a special group with special vehicles. I`ll try to put up some pix of my truck.