PDA

View Full Version : Touch Up Paint on BMW

JK8410
01-10-2012, 06:38 AM
Was wondering whether people recommend touch up paint/pen (not sure of the difference). I have an old BMW with small chips in the paint that I want to take care of. I`ve found some websites proclaiming to have good products but I don`t know if they`re alright or not. Appreciate any suggestions.

Automotivetouchup.com Touch Up Paint, Aerosol Spray Paint and Touchup Paint Accessories | AutomotiveTouchup | 888-710-5192 (http://www.automotivetouchup.com/)

Dr.ColorChip Custom Automotive Touch-Up Paint Kit - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems (http://www.drcolorchip.com/)

C. Charles Hahn
01-10-2012, 07:41 AM
The Dr. ColorChip system is pretty popular lately; if all you`re talking about is tiny stone chips I`d give that a shot.

Accumulator
01-10-2012, 12:45 PM
JK8410- Welcome to Autopia!

IME all the various touchup paints have their hits and misses, it`s simply a crap-shoot as to whether a given one will match your particular paint.

On my M3`s Byzanz Metallic, I got a pretty good match from Paintscratch.com, but the Automotivetouchup.com stuff was good on another vehicle.

Note that the DRColorchip stuff is a single-productd approach, not a basecoat/clearcoat two-part system. Haven`t tried mine yet...

alpha
01-18-2012, 03:42 AM
If its tiny rock chips, have you considered trying the one they sell at the dealer? The kits they sell should match pretty well.

The touch-up paint kit I received from the dealer for my Alpine White BMW is a two-part system, and when I used it to repair a small chip on a door, the paint matched fairly well.

Arrowhead300
01-26-2012, 02:57 PM
I`ve used Dr. ColorChip for over a year now and it`s done just fine with small scrapes and chips. Do you have a picture of the chip?

armoredsaint
01-26-2012, 03:26 PM
The Dr. ColorChip system is pretty popular lately; if all you`re talking about is tiny stone chips I`d give that a shot.

i hope it worked better than Lanka? I hate it, never could get it to look nice.