PDA

View Full Version : Serious problem with interior!

PredatorDuzWork
01-08-2012, 03:34 PM
I have a 2007 Audi A6 and their is a problem with the interior on the dashboard above the glovebox. Their used to be a "No Smoking" sticker on the dash above the glovebox from the previous owner. After it was removed, I can still see the No Smoking phrase on the dashboard. It looks like the sun mad tan lines on it or the ink melted through from heat or sun. How can I fix this?

Nth Degree
01-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Can we get a photo? It is very likely that the sun faded the dash differently due to the varying amounts of UV rays getting through to it. A mild all purpose cleaner would make sure there is not residue left over. Then a dressing like 303 ASP might help minimize the difference. Odds are you may not be able to completely eliminate it on your own, but in time it may diminish as well.

C. Charles Hahn
01-08-2012, 04:35 PM
You can probably mask it with an interior dressing/protectant, but past that I`m betting you`d have to re-dye the dash.

Would be helpful to see a picture of what you`re seeing.

PredatorDuzWork
01-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Thanks for the response guys. The car is being detailed by the dealership within the next few days so I can`t give you a picture at the moment. I`m also not familiar with any of the products or methods you mentioned. Some more guidance would be appreciated.

PredatorDuzWork
01-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Also would you recommend Goo Gone or Goof Off products?

C. Charles Hahn
01-08-2012, 11:50 PM
The car is being detailed by the dealership within the next few days

EEEK!!! ABORT!! ABORT!!

Don`t let them touch it; take it to a real professional detailer instead.

PredatorDuzWork
01-08-2012, 11:57 PM
EEEK!!! ABORT!! ABORT!!

Don`t let them touch it; take it to a real professional detailer instead.

I put a deposit on the used car, and they detail it before I can purchase or finance it, I can`t do much about it. BUT, I called cpcardetailing in my area and he said besides Goo Gone their isn`t much I can do which surprised me. Please tell me that there is hope for me.

PredatorDuzWork
01-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Can anybody help me?

C. Charles Hahn
01-09-2012, 01:46 AM
I put a deposit on the used car, and they detail it before I can purchase or finance it, I can`t do much about it.

Wrong. Just tell them you don`t want it detailed before you take delivery.

PredatorDuzWork
01-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Wrong. Just tell them you don`t want it detailed before you take delivery.

Isn`t there a chance the dealership will fix the problem. They aren`t doing a full detail just the basics like vacuuming and whatever. Besides if they don`t fix it, what can I do that will fix the problem?

C. Charles Hahn
01-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Isn`t there a chance the dealership will fix the problem.

I feel 99.9999% comfortable going with a definitive "NO" on that.

They aren`t doing a full detail just the basics like vacuuming and whatever. Besides if they don`t fix it, what can I do that will fix the problem?

Go back and read what Nth Degree and I posted earlier; we`ve already told you what would need to be done.... guess I`m not sure what more you`re expecting to hear?

PredatorDuzWork
01-09-2012, 02:59 PM
I feel 99.9999% comfortable going with a definitive "NO" on that.

Go back and read what Nth Degree and I posted earlier; we`ve already told you what would need to be done.... guess I`m not sure what more you`re expecting to hear?

So a dressing or protectant like 303 or Megs? How do I re-dye the dash and how much would it cost me?