PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Seal

justin30513
01-06-2012, 12:04 PM
I used this product when it came out about 3-4 years ago. Thinking about it again.

Who uses it and likes it?

Any comments are welcome please!

hacadacalopolis
01-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Justin, i believe it is one of the easiest products to use. So therefore i like it.

Do you get alot of customers for your headlamp services??

justin30513
01-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Justin, i believe it is one of the easiest products to use. So therefore i like it.

Do you get alot of customers for your headlamp services??

Good to hear.

Actually, I do. My best tactic for headlight was to walk around parking lots and leave a custom card telling them I can fix their headlamps. I get a 45% return on the cards I put out and about half end up getting some more work done.

I`ve just been really busy but I need to do this again. Thanks for asking!!!!

Legacy
01-06-2012, 01:13 PM
I used this product when it came out about 3-4 years ago. Thinking about it again.

Who uses it and likes it?

Any comments are welcome please!

I have 3/4 of a bottle on my shelve collecting dust. Have you tried clear urethane on headlights?

Ch96067
01-06-2012, 02:07 PM
OS is indeed very easy to use and results are good enough to keep me (combined with its ease of use) from using FK1000p.

Check out Scottwax`s posts for more details and loads of real life results.

justin30513
01-06-2012, 03:30 PM
OS is indeed very easy to use and results are good enough to keep me (combined with its ease of use) from using FK1000p.

Check out Scottwax`s posts for more details and loads of real life results.

Oh I know Scott will be chiming in as soon as he can!

Thanks.

Scottwax
01-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Sorry, had a Dodge truck, Range Rover and an Infiniti M56 that needed attention...

My older son has been helping me now for the past 1 1/2 years and about 6 months ago, he said to me "I don`t know why you would use anything else besides Opti-Seal. Its easy to use and it looks great". And this is from someone who really has no passion for detailing or cars in general (but he still does a great job on interiors!) and usually doesn`t notice any difference in products when I try something else. It was the first time he`s commented on a product in a long time. And he was right. I usually change up LSPs mostly because it breaks the routine but I always go back to Opti-Seal. Piece of cake to use, looks great and at least here in the Dallas area, holds up very well.

Dan
01-06-2012, 06:29 PM
I love the stuff, fantastic looks and I can do a car in about 5 minutes. Its not durable though, 45 days and I get a change in the beading, over 60 days and it seems to fall off.

Its a safe bet for garaged cars though, but for cars parked outdoors 24x7 IMO you are better of with something like 3M Performance finish if you want durability and ease of use.

imported_tuffluck
01-06-2012, 07:04 PM
http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/139085-2012-45th-camaro-ss.html

i am a big fan of OS, it really is the easiest possible sealant with great looks and a decent longevity. even if it only lasted 1 week, i wouldn`t really mind applying it on my car as it takes about 20 minutes and is kind of fun! vs. the PC which i actually hate having to pull out...

optimum has impressively revolutionized the car detailing process with ONR and OS i think. maybe one day the doc will figure out a way to do swirl removing by hand.

hacadacalopolis
01-06-2012, 08:22 PM
I love the stuff, fantastic looks and I can do a car in about 5 minutes. Its not durable though, 45 days and I get a change in the beading, over 60 days and it seems to fall off.

Its a safe bet for garaged cars though, but for cars parked outdoors 24x7 IMO you are better of with something like 3M Performance finish if you want durability and ease of use.

I`ve always wondered about that, It has seemed that insects stick it to it worse than collinite or dp policoat.

I just love how you can overapply and still have no problem with it.

justin30513
01-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Thanks Scott and to all. I had some left and used it on my truck today. So damn easy to use! I mean really easy.

imported_DieselMDX
01-07-2012, 04:03 AM
use it alot after every wash looks great on my 7th gen max

one thing i notice is, it does loose some of it`s wetness after a wash that is why i reapply

imported_tuffluck
01-07-2012, 11:05 AM
use it alot after every wash looks great on my 7th gen max

one thing i notice is, it does loose some of it`s wetness after a wash that is why i reapply

per scottwax`s advice, if you wash with ONR, combine with OCW to reinstate that wet look after each wash.

David Fermani
01-08-2012, 11:46 PM
Hands down the easiest protection product I`ve ever used in my entire detailing career. A product that can be wiped on and not need to be removed!! The only slight downfall is the learning curve that might cause streaking in certain climates. But, that can be overcome though. I usually just keep working the product in until it thins out and dissipates away. Works great on home applications like showers too.

imported_DieselMDX
01-09-2012, 05:22 AM
per scottwax`s advice, if you wash with ONR, combine with OCW to reinstate that wet look after each wash.

wow very interesting, what is the dilution ratio?