PDA

View Full Version : work site near parking spot

imported_tuffluck
01-05-2012, 02:11 PM
i live in the city and next to our parking lot they are constructing a huge skyscraper. they have just laid the foundation and lots of rock/asphalt/cement trucks are coming and going. i have to drive slow where all the junk is on the road to my work, which isn`t a huge hassle. but my bigger concern is parking 200 yards away and the corresponding debris, overspray, contaminants that may carry in the air to my car.

is there anything i should be concerned about with being so close to a work zone day in and day out?

imported_DetailDan
01-05-2012, 02:15 PM
If you don`t get some kind of overspray on your car then I`d be surprised.

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
01-05-2012, 02:36 PM
I would do one of the below:

Drive a beater car to work

Park somewhere else

Cover your car in painters tape until construction is done

Document the current condition of your vehicle and approach your employer and/or construction company shpwing them in person and pictures what your car is like now and let them know if there is overspray or any other damage from their work you will hold them financially reponsible.

imported_tuffluck
01-05-2012, 05:06 PM
i can`t drive another car to work, so that`s out. i mean if i get a little overspray i can clay it out when they are done, right? i guess knowing there is overspray i will shift my concerns to larger problems like contaminants that can`t be corrected.