PDA

View Full Version : Help with chosing a product brand

Pages : [1] 2

IAFF78
01-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Good afternoon everyone.

I`m looking for everyones input on quality detailing products. I`m not looking to use anything you can find at your local auto parts store. I used Malco products for a few years and I`m looking for something similar to use. Companies like Malco and Auto Magic only sells limited items to the general public. I`m looking for a company that markets only their own products and offers their whole product line to the general public. I like to stick with one brand. Some websites sell products from various vendors and thats not what im looking for. I dont want brand A`s wax and brand B`s car soap...etc.

I`m looking for a good product at a price that wont break the bank. So what brands do you recommend? What have you worked with and whats your opinion on it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin

tom p.
01-03-2012, 03:45 PM
Kev, welcome aboard!

Why not consider Meguiar`s purchased at your local body shop supply store? Meguiar`s has competent offerings in every category. Buy in bulk, save money. Local pick up, save money :)

imported_DetailDan
01-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Meguiars....

David Fermani
01-03-2012, 04:20 PM
3D Car Care has a pretty stout range of products and the prices are by far the cheapest. If you`re semi-happy with Auto Magic & Malco, you`ll be in for a surprise with their offering. And hardly any repetitive products that end up confusing the buyer. You basically buy directly from the manufacturer and cut out the middleman. http://www.3dproducts.com/

imported_MCA
01-03-2012, 04:53 PM
Short Answer: Meguiar`s, 3D/HD, Chemical Guys

A long(er) answer requires a little more information: Is the availability of the product in bulk sizes very important to you?

wascallyrabbit
01-03-2012, 09:59 PM
lets not forget optimum.

IAFF78
01-04-2012, 07:52 AM
I would have to say 1 gallon jugs would be the largest I need.

Ch96067
01-04-2012, 08:52 AM
I would also throw 1Z, FK, 3M and GG`s in the mix for range completness. Relevant info here as well.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing-product-discussion/137735-best-product-line-recommendation.html

Scottwax
01-04-2012, 09:11 AM
lets not forget optimum.

Absolutely, they have greatly expanded their product line over the last few years. Plus their products are designed with ease of use in mind.

nonwelder
01-04-2012, 11:17 AM
I`ll throw a few out there...

-Meguiars - Currently using them exclusively. Great Products, pretty easy to get, some you can find very locally.

-3D - Might be my new product line. Have not tried them, but like their prices, very clear product line.

-Optimum - used to use them. To me they seem expensive, at least for some products, but they perform well and seem very advanced

-CG always makes me look, but good God....product line is so confusing. So many products claiming to do the same thing. That`s what keeps me away.

Dan
01-04-2012, 06:12 PM
I tried to stick to one line, too frustrating for me and I had no real good reason other than I thought it would be more convenient, it wasn`t.

DM101
01-05-2012, 05:46 AM
Optimum, Duragloss, Meguiars, all come to mind. Duragloss carries some excellent products and can be bought at Car Quest stores or from them with reasonable shipping cost.

RaskyR1
01-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Meguiar`s for a complete line, but why limit yourself to one brand?

VR8
01-05-2012, 12:58 PM
I`m 90% Meguiar`s. I love their offerings of labeled bottles to use with all the products too. I will occassionally find a product that works better than Meguiar`s and make the change. A good example is Poor Boys Bug Squash vs Meguiar`s Body Solvent, no comparison for me as to which one works better so I made the switch.

And Rasky, one reason I like to stick with Meguiar`s exclusively (or almost) is to save myself the confusion of trying a bunch of different products in order to find out which one will be the absolute BEST. Tons of money can be spent chasing down the perfect solution to each area of detailing. Save your money and stick with the people that have led the way for 100 years. Try random new products when they have been tested by other detailers and it seems to have passed their scrutiny, or not.

JohnAndrew
01-16-2012, 04:25 AM
I use the following detailing supplies (http://www.detailxperts.net/blog/2012/01/05/auto-detailing-supplies-car-wash-soap/) that are not so heavy on the pocket:

Tire cleaner: Flashwax

Exterior cleaner: Ultima Waterless Wash Plus

Interior: Griots Vinyl

Fabric cleaner: Pristine clean by Leatherique

For stains: 303 Spot Remover