PDA

View Full Version : Why the real Autopia is the best detailing forum there is....

Pages : [1] 2 3

Dan
12-22-2011, 10:14 PM
I recently saw a post on another site that said this forum was "dead." I`m not exactly sure why that remark was made, perhaps because we aren`t busy leg humping each other about the product of the week or how we just got another 20 gallons of whatever because it was a "BOGO."

The reason I love this place is because everyone here is sincere and posts good solid advice. Hype is quickly called out and dispersed. The good stuff bubbles up to the top and the rest is history. I just wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for making this the real forum!

C. Charles Hahn
12-22-2011, 11:24 PM
leg humping each other about ...how we just got another 20 gallons of whatever because it was a "BOGO."

:rofl What about Barry Theal and his 55-gal. drums of 3D stuff? :chuckle:

Barry Theal
12-22-2011, 11:28 PM
I got 6 or 7 55 drums at one time full of chemicals. I should pull an Autogeek an relabel it with 35 different names. :tea:

gmblack3
12-22-2011, 11:48 PM
Do your drums says 4star on them? :)

indiej
12-23-2011, 03:07 AM
so that`s where TID went. i wish todd well.

my first visits here, i went through posts with a lot of action and thought it could do with a little less drama. now i see there`s really only a few of those. and those people wised-up through the years. i enjoy reading through posts here. from dead to the best there is :wavey:

what the? the tab icons on the browser are the same for both sites

togwt
12-23-2011, 04:41 AM
The quality of any forum is a direct reflection of its contributors, along with support from its vendors, its policies towards `other` products and the way its managed by its owners and moderators

Ask yourself this; why would another forum want to use a very similar name, page layout, web address and logo?

Bunky
12-23-2011, 06:39 AM
Different strokes for different folks.

Barry Theal
12-23-2011, 08:36 AM
The quality of any forum is a direct reflection of its contributors, along with support from its vendors, its policies towards `other` products and the way its managed by its owners and moderators

Ask yourself this; why would another forum want to use a very similar name, page layout, web address and logo?

Togwt Thats a great question. lol

Dan
12-23-2011, 09:31 AM
:rofl What about Barry Theal and his 55-gal. drums of 3D stuff? :chuckle:

Unless it was BOGO, it doesn`t count!! :chuckle:

Bill D
12-23-2011, 10:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IpPPDYWexE

imported_Larry A
12-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Imitation is the sincerist form of flattery

C. Charles Hahn
12-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Togwt Thats a great question. lol I call them out. You would think that as big as Autogeek is they wouldn`t have to do something like that. What really kills me is there behavior towards a company that doesn`t benefit them. In this business. I understand there is competition in any field, but as a group of people in the industry its better for everyone to get along. They seem to try and seperate themselves from everyone. It makes me laugh. Pretty pathetic in my eyes. The thing that really urks me is they actually have a great group of employees. I met Mike Phillips twice this past year and you won`t find a better person to educate and teach people. He is a true stand out. Meghan is great person as well. Its a shame that the owner can`t get his head out of his asss.

It`s called being vindictive... and that`s really sad.

pixelmonkey
12-23-2011, 12:44 PM
The benefits of a forum tailored to promote only products promoted by the same site hurts its self. Busted up laughing at a thread with photos of products used that had well positioned black boxes over each label. I like autogeek but some things a person can only laugh at.

Chris

autoaesthetica
12-23-2011, 11:56 PM
I understand that some places will do next to anything to make money or basically steal customers but reading this over and over in different places literally blows my mind.

I cannot believe there are 2-3 forums worth of people involved in the "other" "autopiaforum" that support that reality that they are literally trying to steal people from finding the first Autopia.

3 words that come to mind are: guise, poaching, and desperation. Its ridiculous, disgusting even. How next to dishonest can an entity(I won`t use business or vendor) be?

VW 91
12-24-2011, 01:17 AM
I find that PBMA is almost trying to monopolize the industry here in the states.. CMA closing and then the acquisition of Autopia car care and the autopiaforums. From a business stand point it makes sense, but I dont like it and prefer there being more competition, and more vendors to choose from. That is why I spread my purchases around and not just one vendor anymore. I used to buy a lot of stuff from AG, but the more I was on AG online the more I realized how ridiculous it can be.

And with any forum the products that are offered through the owner/sponsor are going to be talked about and praised more obviously. At AG its all the DP/WG/Pinnacle here its the the HD/3D line and at DB the craze their is Wolf`s. Its gonna happen, and that doesnt bother me. Whats annoying (AG mainly) is how the members feel you cant talk about ANY other product lines that AG doesnt sell, as if there arent other good products around. One example is the recent "Chinchilla" microfiber they started carrying. Its on back-order and many members keep mentioning it as if they cant get it anywhere else. Look around! I`ve found 2 other placed that carry that exact same towel and at better prices too.. They have that mentality that all good things come from AG.