PDA

View Full Version : Durability reports... with garaged parked cars....

Dan
12-11-2011, 01:43 PM
I keep seeing incredible durability reports... X lasted so long, its been on there almost 6 months!!! Oh, and the car is garage parked. :rolleyes:

I`m not trying to be a hater or anything but any LSP on a garaged car lasts forever. I put Optiseal on my dad`s Passat two years ago. It was still beading this summer before he washed it and put some Aquawax on it. It will probably bead for another year. And Optiseal is far from a durability LSP.

I created this thread because I don`t want to diss people in their moment, but really....End of rant for now...lol.

Accumulator
12-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Yeah, no doubt that it makes a huge diff. Even on vehicles that get used hard year-round, it *does* matter and undoubtedly contributes to the way some of my LSPs last so long, especially on the horizontal surfaces.

I`ve even had Souveran last an incredibly long time when the Jag was mothballed indoors.

Bill D
12-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Yep, been over a year since I put another coat of Souveran on my Caddy, it still feels like a baby`s behind.

chrisguga
12-11-2011, 03:31 PM
True, my car is garaged although sits outside all day while I`m at work.

I get eager to apply new LSPs or layer existing LSPs so I generally use Dawn or APC to strip off the old LSP before it has worn off so I can try something else.

I`m currently loving Optimum spray car wax and the plan is to lay down a new layer of that every month and use my Adam`s detail spray as a drying aid after each weekly wash. In fact, I just ordered another gallon of the OCW.

Then again, I`ll probably strip down the wax in a week or two so I can try out the Prime Amigo I just ordered. lol

Does it ever end?

Accumulator
12-12-2011, 12:10 PM
I get eager to apply new LSPs or layer existing LSPs...Does it ever end?

Eh, it did end for me. I eventually ended up with other priorities and quit spending so much time detailing. It`ll be interesting to see how it goes for you, say...20 years down the line.

AudiOn19s
12-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Agreed, all claims are not equal as how cars are used / cared for is never the same. Even weather and frequency of rain can factor in too. My only real complaint when I started to use BFWD is I wasn`t really impressed with it`s durability HOWEVER I put two coats on my wife`s daily driver that sits outside 24/7 and it was still doing a pretty darn good job at nearly 14 weeks which is the longest I`ve ever had it last. Actually had to strip the car before I opti-coated it a couple weeks back. No clue why it lasted soo long on that particular application and not too long on previous applications.

Accumulator
12-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Agreed, all claims are not equal as how cars are used / cared for is never the same.. No clue why it lasted soo long on that particular application and not too long on previous applications.

Yeah, that can be :confused: Some products simply *WORK BETTER*/worse on certain vehicles :nixweiss